PDA

View Full Version : WORCS 2009-96db is underway

QuadJunkies
04-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Im sure most of you have read the new announcement on the 96db changes for 2009.
Whats everyones thoughts and do you think we will havem uch to chose from in exhausts?
I know the Yoshis we run are well within that ,but I know many will not pass and the minis are in the same vote.
My son blew a 98 with a fresh packed pipe.

CannondaleRider
04-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah....kinda worries me a tad.

I ride a Cannondale, my choice on exhaust setups is VERY limited. I'm running a pipe that is the quietest pipe available for a Cannondale, nothing can possibly be any quieter then my setup. I'm passing right now, but BARELY.

With my quiet core in it, if I can't get it down to 96db, I'm pretty much screwed.

hanes17
04-17-2008, 03:16 PM
They really need to start doing the sound testing right everytime if there going to make the limit that low. It is way to inconsistant on how they do it and if it is done correctly. It's funny cause my pipe with just about 3 inchs of packing it at one end was lower than when we went to Havasu and it was freshly packed there, so it really needs to be stepped up if its going to get that serious.

WORCSYFZ199
04-20-2008, 12:41 AM
yeah the sound testing is pretty much BS right now, I mean with other people revving their motors behind you and around the pits people walking by, driving by in a rhino, with a semi as the back drop for the sound to bounce off of. Also there's no real way to determine what rpm it's at they use a little thing that goes off of vibration on the ATVs seat so if your quad vibrates more or your seat is more plush your reading will be different. I don't know about you guys but I think it's ridiculous I don't know what a few less DB at barely above idle speed is going to do for anyone because all the pipes will then be designed to be quiet at idle and rip at about mid throttle and i just don't see why sound is even an issue on a closed course race bike.

LT80
04-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Like mentioned, at a low rpm the are 96 but on the track they roar.
The sad truth is that pipes that conform do not perform.

Next is the fuel injected machines. They simply map in a rich condition for testing. Blubber,blubber,blubber. No db problem there. But unfair IMO.