PDA

View Full Version : Connector jump + New Carrier = BAD

coolguy8769
04-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Well i was at BPG this saturday and had a GREAT first horu and 1/2 of riding. It was the first time i had been back up to speed i was at since my back happened. It was the best ride in a loooong time. i was clearing everything and was getting faster ever lap. I had resently put a RAD billet carrier in my swing arm and this was my first major ride on it. it seemed to work great until i slightly cased the "connector" jump. By the time i had got to the big sweeping turn my rear end was a disaster. I will let the pictures explain themselfs

I would like to thank "Jared" who was parked next to me and helped me for a good hour trying to see if there was anything we could do. I would also thank Mr. Burke for the spare bolt that atleast saved my rear linkage!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/coolguy8769/BPGSpringFling001.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y141/coolguy8769/BPGSpringFling005-1.jpg

story of my life......

woodsracer882
04-06-2008, 11:26 PM
This answer to why this happened is in your post...RAD carriers are JUNK!!!

outacontrol
04-07-2008, 03:20 PM
i know that jump feels like you've fallen out of the sky if you come up short. Personally i liked it better last yr, at least if you cased it, it wasnt an axle buster. Your at least the second casualty on that jump so far this yr.

MX MaNiAc 06
04-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Its okay.. i trashed my two week old RAD carrier on the uphill. Does anyone have any pictures of the connector jump?

coolguy8769
04-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
i know that jump feels like you've fallen out of the sky if you come up short. Personally i liked it better last yr, at least if you cased it, it wasnt an axle buster. Your at least the second casualty on that jump so far this yr.

i liked it alot, and still do but i think it just takes some skill to hit it right. i love that tracks set up and how you can hit everything and it fells so smooth but i just needa keep the bike together

dan harris
04-08-2008, 06:14 AM
dang Jeff,

I don't get any props for towing you off the track !!?? lol

That does suck that your carrier and chain tensioner went out on ya.

The connector is definately a man-up jump now, if your clearing it and landing on the down side then you probally love the big air and hang time it gives you. If your not clearing it and landing on the flat, you probally don't like it much. Its a BIG jump, if you can't clear it then you should roll it and try to stay low. I see alot of people hitting it at mid speed and landing in the middle, then the next lap and following laps they do the same thing. Its the Big jump on the Big Track - not everybody riding here is expected to clear it.