PDA

View Full Version : turbo 450r?

ride_red_510r
04-06-2008, 06:49 PM
could anybody possibly point me in a direction on boosting a 450r?. such as what turbo i should go with and possibly somekind of schematics? im not even sure if the motor would handle it. its an 05 trx 450r. its got a 500 big bore kit. stage 2 hc. 3mm hots rods stroker crank 12.5 to 1 comp wiseco piston. and ported and polished head. intake full fmf exhaust aswell. any help would be greately appreciated.

Iliketogofast
04-07-2008, 12:53 PM
You would have to come down on compression. Either install or thicker head gasket or a lower compression piston.

If I were you, I would have the bottom end taken apart, replace everything with stronger aftermarket parts and if aftermarket isn't available cryo treat it.

There are several small turbos available. I don't know what the drag racer guys use, but I know there is at least one other turbo 450R around this site. It's black. I don't know the guy's name, but when you find him ask what he used.

You also won't use that FMF exhaust. It would have to come off for the custom exhaust header/manifold setup.

pro-rider46
04-07-2008, 06:48 PM
the guy your talking about is turbo_530r, he used a garrett t25 on his, he got a whole kit from kms performance, it had efi and all