PDA

View Full Version : New AC Pro-Peg Nerfs Help Needed

400exrider_ed
04-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Well, I waded up my current nerf set-up and had to get the AC ones as they where only ones availible in stock. They are the Black-Line Pro-peg style and came without any info the question I have is what does the front tabs bolt to on a Outlaw and where does the big contraption brackets they came with go? Anyone have a pic of the front sections that'd be nice, looks like the tabs are for the a-arm bolt but are facing the wrong way.

pimtout
04-06-2008, 01:18 PM
almost sounds like there for a predator?

400exrider_ed
04-06-2008, 02:10 PM
The box is labeled Outlaw of course that never means anything. It seems like the brackets are upside on the front, which if they are I can cut and tig weld correct ones up if I had a picture of the set-up.

400exrider_ed
04-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Pics of what I got

400exrider_ed
04-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Brackets in question

Bradracer18
04-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm not an outlaw rider(pred), but from the look of your last picture, those look to me like they bolt on the frame, and then also to the rear plastic. The flat section with two holes in it, looks to be bent similar to that of the rear plastic.

jdm197
04-06-2008, 03:37 PM
looks like u got the ones for the predator.

400exrider_ed
04-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Yep after searching a ton of posts and info these are in fact Predator not Outlaw nerfs, well to late for returns I'll be fabbing up a mount tomorrow. Plan on using a peice of tubing with two tabs welded on that go on the a-arm bolts, then I'll chop of the AC tabs and inner sections.

pimtout
04-07-2008, 08:04 AM
that should work...i sold a set from my pred to a friend of mine with an outlaw and we did kinda the same thing.....you could always sell the rear brackets...lots of preddy guys like to just run pegs w/o nerfs, and would need them to hold up the rear fenders.

Bradracer18
04-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I agree.....sell the brackets for pred guys. That's what I'm running right now..

Polaris 450MXR
04-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Make sure you support the rear fenders down by the foot peg. An early outlaw owner out here removed the foot cups and broke two sets of fenders. The rear fenders need that support!

400exrider_ed
04-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Well heres the good news I found a local Predator owner who bought these from me for what I paid, the bad news is I had to order a set from Cali. and they'll take awhile to show so I'll be parked from the track this weekend. Im also using the stock lower fender bracket and two home-made additional supports one on the rears and one on the fronts, everythings pretty bullet proof my quads been getting beat hard. When I first showed up with it late last season I was laughed at 2 races later I got it dialed in now I run up front with it and since then its had a huge bulls eye on it.

Polaris 450MXR
04-07-2008, 06:54 PM
were you going to go to walden this weekend?

spanky101
04-07-2008, 08:01 PM
if you havent purchased another set of nerfs already, i would really look into rath racing products!

SSJEFF
04-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I would call ac and tell them what happened, htey are a good company to deal with, I have had 2 sets of the blacklines and a bumper. They may help you out.

The heel guards can be removed and the stock rear fender bracket stays on the quad.

TRENT_G
04-08-2008, 04:09 AM
AC customer service sucks. I bought a pair of nerfbars and they had an area where the paint was rubbed off from bad packaging so I emailed them 3-4 times over two weeks and nothing (all I asked for was a can of paint) lol. Sure the scuff wasn't terrible but a reply would of been nice.

Originally posted by SSJEFF
I would call ac and tell them what happened, htey are a good company to deal with, I have had 2 sets of the blacklines and a bumper. They may help you out.

The heel guards can be removed and the stock rear fender bracket stays on the quad.

400exrider_ed
04-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I looked to Rath first(ones that got trashed) and they took 4 months to show up and I dont have a season to waste waiting for a new set. I did get my new bars from AC but shipping from Cali to NY is a weeks time and I cant justify 50 bucks for 3 day air. Yes I used to race all the distrcit 34 tracks such as Walden but I live upstate now and run the CNYMRA series, I still work downstate and may hit up some of Diamondbacks op's on wens. not quite sure on Walden I dont much care to run the Pee-Wee track I'd rather bring my 250F and run the big track.

Polaris 450MXR
04-08-2008, 03:56 PM
you could always run the pure polaris nerf thats what i have on mine and they serve the purpose. The stock footpegs are a little narrow but like i said it works and they were cheap!

SSJEFF
04-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I have found that almost all companies are terrible with email, I usually try and call them now.

Originally posted by TRENT_G
AC customer service sucks. I bought a pair of nerfbars and they had an area where the paint was rubbed off from bad packaging so I emailed them 3-4 times over two weeks and nothing (all I asked for was a can of paint) lol. Sure the scuff wasn't terrible but a reply would of been nice.