PDA

View Full Version : Beware Of Ebay User....frader5

RoadRage77
04-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Im letting you all know incase your looking for a Hinson clutch basket. A guy on EBAY -seller name FRADER5, sold me a beat basket. He said it was brand new never used. When I received it one of the bolts was missing, and on the back where the gear and springs get mounted was all messed up. I have pics to show u the back half of it. I had lots of trouble trying to get a hold of this guy to get his address to send it back. Once I finally got it back to him no response. So I went looking on Ebay to find he has relisted the basket and NOT REFUNDED my money yet. I sent him an email about it, here is what he had to say "
- frader5"tes i do got nerve i did not list my items before now i paid a jackass to do it i did not want to list it or take pictures and download them so i clicked relist and changed his wording mind your own with is your money and now you will wait til monday

Here is the Ebay listing. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43977&viewitem=&item=190212311894&_trksid=p3907.m29

I hope I dont open up a can of worms with the Admins here, but I want everyone to beware of this guy. I shoulda looked at his feedback, because people said he took forever to ship stuff.... and he did...

hornetgod13
04-06-2008, 01:00 PM
He spent your money already. He has to turn around and sell it again to get money to send you.

Which 450?
04-06-2008, 05:55 PM
report the item to ebay. there is a link towards the bottom of the page

deathman53
04-06-2008, 07:12 PM
wait......when you bought it was as you told me on the phone today...brand new, just taken out of the box for pictures. Now its been used and missing one of the screws. Anybody that has installed a clutch basket knows that once its used, you can't take it apart and re-use it, you have to red locktite the backer screws and then hit the screws from the inside to deform the screw threads so it can't back out. I did see the pictures, where the springs go on the back of the basket had some bad grooves in it.

RoadRage77
04-08-2008, 08:46 PM
He said it was brand new never used, but it was as beat as a 2 dollar crack whore in east LA......

dustin_j
04-09-2008, 02:44 PM
I almost did business with this guy as well, but I'm glad I didn't . I was looking for a GT Thunder mx linkage for a 400ex, and he advertised that he had what was supposed to be one (the pic was of a stock one), so I figured he was just told wrong when he bought the quad. Later, he posted a GTT linkage for sale, saying it was the MX linkage. The pic was of an XC linkage (they have more of a bend than the mx ones), and these two auctions overlapped. Thus, my conclusion is that he knew the difference between stock and GTT (the size difference between the two is HUGE!!), but didn't mind to correct himself or he just wanted to screw an uninformed buyer out of some cash. He did answer some questions I asked, but he was rude and didn't answer all questions. Just thought I'd add to your case ;)