PDA

View Full Version : my first race...I need advice!!LOTS of it..

QuadJunkies
11-24-2002, 11:53 AM
Ok, I was debating on posting this, but...... I may be entering my first race over thanksgiving wk end....Flattrack:)....This is something I have really wanted to do for awhile now,and I may just go for it.I will prob run the 400ex in it, and its open class.For most I have talked to about it, I will be the ONLY girl out there that races:(.. I am really nervous and could sure use all the pointers ,advise and all the luck I can get...;) Thanks...

quadman
11-24-2002, 12:09 PM
so you are the only girl, who cares, i wouldnt, if people make fun of you , then you have my permission to give em the finger:D , go for it, the race will be fun, for flattrack you need some slick tires

Pappy
11-24-2002, 12:27 PM
ride topless:eek: :devil :blah

seriously....go...have fun and becareful...im sure you will be hooked!!!

and good luck!!!!:D

Castor-426ex
11-24-2002, 12:29 PM
i second, third and 4th pappys topless idea...maybe theyd start a new class? lmao jk

anyways..youll do fine just be careful and slap the dogpoo out of anyone who has a problem with it

Nausty
11-24-2002, 01:06 PM
don't be too affraid to do little rubbing and riding a little aggressive and you should do fine. Don't worry about being the only girl, maybe if more girls see you riding they won't be affraid to join you.

stupid driver
11-24-2002, 05:30 PM
if people make fun of you, they need to do some serious growin up. this sport isnt jsut for guys, it needs more girls

ESR250R
11-24-2002, 06:57 PM
there was a chick on a banshee out here that did very well at the local flat track track.

everyone was like thats a chick:eek:

Rip_Tear
11-24-2002, 07:44 PM
Good luck, just do what your confortable with! Hope you have fun!

QuadJunkies
11-25-2002, 12:53 AM
Im just curious, do very many girls Flattrack race??:confused: Well, I think the best thing I should do first is, first..dont jump the gun and just go out there,I thought alot about it today, and I am going to go out and watch one or two races first,see who and what is runnin out there, then I need some suggestions from all of you on some tires..:D Im going out to practice on Thanksging morning and practice a lil ..To get the best running start, w/o too much wheel spin, whats the best way to get a good clean start?And BTW~~~ Thank you for being so supportive.. I knew I could count on all of you ;)

QuadJunkies
11-25-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
ride topless:eek: :devil :blah

seriously....go...have fun and becareful...im sure you will be hooked!!!

and good luck!!!!:D LMAO:blah Gee Kenny ,I would think might create a problem with them crashing into me...lol

11-25-2002, 04:39 AM
LMAO Gee Kenny ,I would think might create a problem with them crashing into me...lol

hmmm maybe that would distract them enough to get you a win! :D

Only thing I was worried about is hearing topless and flat(track) in the same sentence :rolleyes: :blah

Lots a luck and have fun.

11-25-2002, 09:07 PM
Get in touch w/ "Alky472"...he prolly has some pointers...
GO GET em!!..

Pappy
11-25-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LMAO:blah Gee Kenny ,I would think might create a problem with them crashing into me...lol

well, i would try my best to do some RUBBING in a race with a top less chic:devil

like i said...have a ton of fun.....and flash the crowd....they deserve it:blah :D

AtvMxRider
11-25-2002, 09:18 PM

well, i would try my best to do some RUBBING in a race with a top less chic:devil

like i said...have a ton of fun.....and flash the crowd....they deserve it:blah :D

:eek: LMGDAO

11-25-2002, 09:20 PM
:confused: ...lot o good advise & tips here ..:rolleyes:

Tommy 17
11-25-2002, 09:39 PM

can we broadcast this race on espn 2... i'm sure it will get the ratings up really high... mayb then factory teams will back up the sport:p ;) :huh

Pappy
11-25-2002, 09:43 PM
all kidding aside.....:rolleyes:

dont race until you have the quad set up and have done some practicing. flattrack racing isnt a sunday drive and can get ugly real fast. proper techniques are learned from expierence on the track and from someone who has been doing it awhile. explaining the exact way to enter a corner wide open isnt easily explained in this format or would have been by now;)

dont get hurt if ya do try it....but have a good ol' time if ya do race:)

Pappy
11-25-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
:confused: ...lot o good advise & tips here ..:rolleyes:

i figured you would teach her:devil

beerock
11-25-2002, 10:18 PM
I would say try to find a flat area of dirt and practice circles in like 3rd WOT learn how to control the bike with your hips.;)

i bet you know how to :D

but try it and it should help.
ive learned that if the bike feels like its starting to catch either get on the gas harder or steer in the direction its catching and give it gas otherwise youll catch and flip.(highside)

GOOD LUCK!!

rememeber practicing is key.

11-25-2002, 11:50 PM
rememeber practicing is key.

Silly me I thought topless was :D :devil

QuadJunkies
11-26-2002, 12:42 AM
LMGDAO!!:p Thanks for all the good info,yes Im going to go and practice a lil this wk end and start using my body english mroe now..Yes, I can move the hips if need be..lol..Im going to get ahold of Donnie and talk to him some more on some tips too. I heard he is really good:) Im going to need to order some tires soon, so any ideas? Hoosier? What size ?whats the best way to get a good start,w/o too much tire spin?? You guys are the best, thanks for your support ;)

11-26-2002, 04:58 AM
Let us know if ya do race & how it goes ..& be safe .
OH Yeah ,.have ya thought about a sway-bar set up?
I really dont know if ya need it for sure .. something to ask a "flattracker" tho..
If ya do race ..get some pics ..:cool:

QuadJunkies
11-26-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
Let us know if ya do race & how it goes ..& be safe .
OH Yeah ,.have ya thought about a sway-bar set up?
I really dont know if ya need it for sure .. something to ask a "flattracker" tho..
If ya do race ..get some pics ..:cool: I will let you all know for sure when the race is and Ill post some pics too.hmmm, I didnt think about a sway bar,I am going to widen my front though,the next time I talk to ya you will have to give me more info on one..;) Thanks...

AtvMxRider
11-26-2002, 10:33 AM
Hey Tina I PM'd you about tires

QuadTrix6
11-26-2002, 03:09 PM
just go out there with the attitude that your doing it for fun and not just to win :blah

11-26-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix66
just go out there with the attitude that your doing it for fun and not just to win :blah
:) I agree,..

Also keep ya eyes open for the wild ones ..seems as tho there's always someone messin up 'round ya,.. while in race .. :mad:

sylvan56473
11-27-2002, 09:44 AM
A sway bar is one of the best investments that you can make for flat track racing. Also, to get the best start, you will want to warm your tires up on the dirt (just grab the front brakes and spin the rear wheels for a little while), when you do this with flat track tires it's like riding on tar. Also, when flat tracking, wider in the back isn't always better. You can get more traction with a narrow rear end. Also, you will want to lower your ride, with a lowering strut in the back and some drop brackets in the front (if you're using stock shocks).

QuadJunkies
11-27-2002, 09:59 AM
Ok, this is good advice...keep it coming..I would have never known to warm up the tires...