PDA

View Full Version : I need some help Parents

QuadJunkies
04-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I need some ideas on what to buy for raingear.
We have never really needed it before,but the way the season has been this year on the West ,being prepared for mud is not a bad idea!
Im going to look for both kids gear to take to Washington in case we end up with a full wk end mudfest and I dont know what works best to keep the kids dry.
Rubberr suits seems like it would be slippery on there seats and when trying to hug the tank... the Ponchos look completely worthless.
Any ideas? Im headed out next wk end to gather up the goodies, so if you could give me some helpful hints, that would be great! :)

aasco90
04-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Tina, rain gear??? it don't rain in western washington:D

QuadJunkies
04-06-2008, 07:18 PM
HAHA-WHATEVER!:blah: :eek2:
What about trash bags?IVe seen those thrown on a few kids before.
I cant imagine any of it being very comfy, but staying dry will make a rider race better Im sure.
Its been crappy here this week too.
Im so ready for warmer weather. :(
hmmm... Kent doesnt look to dry this week! hehe!

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Kent+Wa.

quadnana7
04-06-2008, 10:39 PM
We have used the disposible painters coveralls they are cheap and they keep the mud off the rider and keeps them dry. You can pick them up at a paint store for around 5 bucks and the best thing is all you have to do to the sleeves or legs if they are to long is cut them off they don't ravel plus your rider want slip on the seat with these own. We try to keep a couple of pair in the trailer at all times and you can wash them if you want to they will last a few washings but they tend not to repell water as good.

QuadJunkies
04-06-2008, 11:12 PM
I like that idea!
I wonder if Lowes wold have them since they sell paint or even Home Depot.Ill check it out-thanks!
:)

Andyman17dad
04-07-2008, 05:33 AM
Stay Home!!!!! ;)

Much easier ALL AROUND!!!!!

03sp500
04-07-2008, 09:27 AM
So I take it we wont see you at any of the rain races this year.

Andyman17dad
04-07-2008, 09:35 AM
There won't be any!! :D :D :D :D

;) :rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
04-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Andyman17dad
Stay Home!!!!! ;)

Much easier ALL AROUND!!!!!

And cheaper!!:p
lol

mxdad
04-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Actual rain gear is best but we have been known to use a trash bag or two when needed. The painters coveralls sound pretty interesting...may have to check them out.

Nichols Atvs
04-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Bob are you using your secratary skills to determin weather again

Originally posted by Andyman17dad
There won't be any!! :D :D :D :D

;) :rolleyes:

drr5
04-07-2008, 09:45 PM
youll find these paint suites at an automotive refinishing supply store look for the dupont brand tyvek they use the same material on the sides of houses before siding instal, i am a painter and live in florida and never thought about that, but then again we wont run in the mud and wet conditions anymore , its to costly to build an engine after the mudfest.

QuadJunkies
04-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by drr5
but then again we wont run in the mud and wet conditions anymore , its to costly to build an engine after the mudfest.
BOY.. your not kidding either! Im dredding this race, its not a good time of year for this one . :( I prey we make its home w/o any major issues. I know when Brandon raced his Eton ,water caused alot of issues and it wasnt even really wet and muddy those times. Alot invested in a great motor this season, Id hate to lose this one.:ermm:
I guess all we can do is just prepare the best we can and hope for the best!;)

drr5-this isnt the same kind of suits that look like something you
would wear in an industrial plant or a lab are they? I tried to find some photos of what they look like and all I found was some that looked like that.
Are they thin so they arent too cumbersome to move around in?
I have a feeling Im going to have a tough time getting my 14 yr. old Daughter to wear one .:o :p
lol
If you come across a pic of them, could you post one up for me?

quadnana7
04-08-2008, 06:18 AM
They are very thin and Christian says they are not hot. He didn't want to wear one the first time because he said the kids would laugh at him but of course with the powerful persuasion of Nana he wore it and when he came off the track he was glad he did, all the other kids were covered in mud they were wet and cold. And guess what the other kids didn't laugh at him.
I get his big enough to put over his chest protector and that way it all stays mud free. For all you pit crew that has the same job as me at the track, that is clean up of gear the best part is there is no clean up not even a little dust. Makes life a whole lot easier at the track and at home when you are trying to get the mud stains out of the jersey and pants.

QuadJunkies
04-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by quadnana7
They are very thin and Christian says they are not hot. He didn't want to wear one the first time because he said the kids would laugh at him but of course with the powerful persuasion of Nana he wore it and when he came off the track he was glad he did, all the other kids were covered in mud they were wet and cold. And guess what the other kids didn't laugh at him.
I get his big enough to put over his chest protector and that way it all stays mud free. For all you pit crew that has the same job as me at the track, that is clean up of gear the best part is there is no clean up not even a little dust. Makes life a whole lot easier at the track and at home when you are trying to get the mud stains out of the jersey and pants.
And thats EXACTLY why Im looking for something good to use.
I think the fashion statement just went out the door on the 1st mudhole anyways,...not to mention, one of the kids gear has alot of white in it .lol

Arctic Cat Dad
04-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Who cares what it looks like, just as long as the kid is somewhat dry. The suit idea is fine. He just likes the trash bag. That 's all he will run. Another thing we only get gear that dark in color, NO White at all. We really race alot of mud. But is this the kind of mud your meaning. This is his first National win. We scraped over 63 lbs of mud off this quad. He said it wasn't running to fast on the last lap. I wonder why? Notice how clean his shirt &gear is.

QuadJunkies
04-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Cant tell a Teenager anything ya know?? LOL
We use ALOT of Spray-in-Wash.:p

Brandon wears dark colors mostly.
Yes, that is the kind of mud. This is on the Western Coast,they gets lots of rain and it goes with the ole saying
April Showers,brings May flooding ...

Or something like that. LOL:p

03sp500
04-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Andyman17dad said

There won't be any!!

See Bob ya went and jinx'd us. Walden looks like alot of liquid sunshine.

QuadJunkies
04-09-2008, 10:04 AM
We just got snow AGAIN last night.:mad:

Nick's #1 Fan
04-09-2008, 12:19 PM
QJ,
In case you were wondering.....
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USWA0206?from=search_10day

Why is the WORCS motorcycles always get the best weekends!:mad: :mad: :mad:

riding4fun
04-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Nick's #1 Fan
QJ,

I saw that today also. Give me a friggin break already.

C'mon lets hope it passes.

QuadJunkies
04-10-2008, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Nick's #1 Fan
QJ,

I know .. us quads just cant get a break this year :ermm:
Ive been watching the weather daily, trust me .lol
I wont be breaking out the new Camera if its bad either.
I need to try and talk Troy into making some some kind of BIG umbrella that I can wear so I can shoot and stay DRY.:p

QuadJunkies
04-13-2008, 03:18 PM
quadnana7
I think I found what you reccomended at Lowes.
They cost about 10.50 each and kinda reminded me of some kind of waterproof paper like you would see in baby diapers. lol:p :o
I got a few of them to try,they will be way too big for my son though, so I hope we wont need them or we will be doing alot of duct taping :D
It is constructed of the tyvek material.

aasco90
04-13-2008, 05:28 PM
tina, wow the dirt bike guys at the worcs had the best weather seattle has to offer clear blue skys and 77* sunday cooler but great racing weather to, hope it works out for the quads.

QuadJunkies
04-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I hope you went and done something fun this wk end!:
Our"to do" list was very fat ,so we worked at home all wk end while alot of locals hit the State MX. Sucked not getting to ride, but Oh well... Kelseys still trying to mend her tweeked wrist she hurt at Havasu anyhow,so staying home for a wk end is not so bad.
I think things are going to be cooler from the looks of things for next week. I can live with cooler than the wet part. lol

Lets hope its not a repeat of the last WORCS race we had in Wa.:scary:
Ill be leaving some of the Camera stuff in the truck! :eek2:
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/84225933.jpg