PDA

View Full Version : 04 stalls when i put it in 1st??

450raider
04-06-2008, 11:09 AM
when i get my R out sometimes and first start it (and i always let it warm up for around 2 min.) just at any random time i punch it in first and it dies then i just start it back up wile in gear then its fine then, any theories?

oh and the last time i went ridin last week i was riding along fine then when i tried to switch gears (either 1-2 or 2-3) the foot lever made a grinding sound, i immediately let off then tried like a few seconds later and it was fine thats the first time that ever happened, any thoughts on that?

thanks for info

pro-rider46
04-06-2008, 11:28 AM
i think you need to let it warm up a little longer, i sometimes dont let mine warm up enough and it will shut off when i put it in gear, and for the grinding noise sounds like you just didnt get it in gear quite enough. and it grinded a little, and maybe you didnt let off the throttle enough.

trail11591
04-06-2008, 05:17 PM
yeah i kinda have the problem with 1st to 2nd but i think i sometimes catch N and it kinda grides a bit but its just sometimes

450raider
04-07-2008, 10:26 AM
so chances are the stalling is a warm up issue, whew :o i was getting aggrivated thinkin it may be a jetting issue.

and the grinding was most likely clutch/throttle mishaps, all this is certainly good news to me just pulling the R back out for spring i didnt wanna get it out just to work on it!!

thanks again