View Full Version : Nissan 240SX

416exfreak
04-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Ok, well...here's the deal.

I already have a 1993 Dodge D150 pickup with a 360 Magnum engine. I love the truck to death, but being 16 and working for minimum wage this summer is going to kill me. I cant even afford to keep gas in the damn thing.

So what im thinking about doing, is keeping the truck, and only using to haul my quad around. BUT, trying to find a 1990 or 1991 Nissan 240SX and kinda, making it my little hot rod car.

I know they can be made to go fast, and they handle great. I loved the one my mom had. It was a 91, with a 5 speed...oh my god, that thing was a ton of fun on twisty roads.

Ive seen MANY 240's that looked nice to. Im not looking to build my own gay and curious (fast and furious) ricer, I just want something thats kind of sporty, but still economical and looks good.

Living in FL, if the car is paid off, and it would be paid in full when I bought it....I dont have to have full coverage insurance, just basic PIP.

How many of you think this is a good idea? :confused:

NPelletier
04-06-2008, 02:35 PM
your not going to find those little rice burner peices anywhere...all these drifter guys already have....my sister's loser boyfriend convinced her to buy one, so she did, its a 93, completely stock, more porblems than you could imagine.. your not going to find a decent one anywhere, because these guys who drift already bought them....

safest bet would probably be find a common car, that you can "pimp out" like an older mustang...early 90s...because those are a dime a dozen when the little 240s are gold to these drifters therefore your gonna have a tough time finding one...sorry if i come off as a jerk...this subject just gets me mad because it makes me think of my sisters boyfriend lol

416exfreak
04-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by NPelletier
your not going to find those little rice burner peices anywhere...all these drifter guys already have....my sister's loser boyfriend convinced her to buy one, so she did, its a 93, completely stock, more porblems than you could imagine.. your not going to find a decent one anywhere, because these guys who drift already bought them....

safest bet would probably be find a common car, that you can "pimp out" like an older mustang...early 90s...because those are a dime a dozen when the little 240s are gold to these drifters therefore your gonna have a tough time finding one...sorry if i come off as a jerk...this subject just gets me mad because it makes me think of my sisters boyfriend lol

My dad says I should fix up a mustang, and I would, were it not for the price of gas!:(

Anyone else have an opinion?

I could probably buy my moms old 240 back if I could talk to the guy who bought it. He never did anything to it (engine wise) other than keep up with the maintanence.

mx825
04-06-2008, 06:41 PM
man, i would love a 240sx. they're really cool cars, and your idea sounds great if you are able to find one

redsurdaddy
04-06-2008, 10:00 PM
I say buy a 240sx if thats what you want. If they are sought after by the drifters it should hold it's value better.

redsurdaddy
04-06-2008, 10:05 PM
by the way, my buddy had one and that thing had a ton of miles on it and he never changed the oil in it because it used enough that he figured it was always fresh, and he never had problems with it. just kept the oil topped off. he had it for years. i thought it was pretty ugly but he loved it. (i never told him i thought it was ugly :D

Iliketogofast
04-07-2008, 08:17 AM
V6 mustang, 94-98.

It's already kind of quick, but if you want it to go real fast you can take the supercharger and intake setup from a Thunderbird supercoupe. It will trash a Cobra any day and it's good on gas.

You would probably have to use the computer as well. Everything bolts up as far as I know.

The handling isn't bad either, and the motor will last literally through anything in stock trim.

Edit:

By the way, don't get a 240SX. They're slow. The KA engine sucks. It costs a lot of money to make them go fast. It's rice. Junk. There's a million reasons not to, but ultimately it's your choice and you shouldn't base your decision on what anyone says. I'm just trying to let you know what I think and know about it to help you make a more educated decision.

FLmxR911
04-07-2008, 12:53 PM
240's are a blast and there not all bought up by drifters i took mine a step over most the import guys and slapped a ls1 in it. Best car ive owned and tons of fun to drive. And as for the rice comments go hondas and them boys with fart cannons runnign 18 sec 1/4 miles and monster wings/tard body kits are rice theres a fine line between rice and a nice import car
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/tt300zx/240/pewp3.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c89/tt300zx/240/pewp7.jpg

bluebaron
04-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Wow:eek: ^^^

Iliketogofast
04-07-2008, 01:01 PM
When I'm talking about 240SX's and I say "make it nice" or "make it fast", I'm almost directly saying "put an LS1 in it". :D

Nice job :blah:

But the problem is, that's pretty expensive to do.

FLmxR911
04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
heh wasnt to bad i priced out a cpl ws6's vettes etc but i wanted to have soemthin a bit diff so i got a few thousand pounds less and same motor. It's fun watching fbodys owners facial expressions at redlights or meets

04-07-2008, 02:05 PM
I sold my 1993 240sx for $400 it was the convertible tho