PDA

View Full Version : 400EX GT Thunder XC link?s

REDRIDDER
04-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm a little confused...now when you buy an XC link is it a direct bolt on and go? or do you have to get the rear shock set up for the link and is their any mods that need to be done to the rest of the quad? and what advantages should i expect from this for rough trail riding,woops ect...... thanks.

flauge
04-05-2008, 07:38 PM
It'll bolt on, but its reccomended to have your back shock revalved with it. I put just the link on mine one time and it made the shock a lot softer b/c of the different leverage ratio.
I'll say that it was like a night and day difference from just putting on the link, and another night and day after I got the shock finally valved for it.;)
You'll notice that a lot of the rear end bucking will be gone.:cool:

BlasterEaten250
04-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by flauge
It'll bolt on, but its reccomended to have your back shock revalved with it. I put just the link on mine one time and it made the shock a lot softer b/c of the different leverage ratio.
I'll say that it was like a night and day difference from just putting on the link, and another night and day after I got the shock finally valved for it.;)
You'll notice that a lot of the rear end bucking will be gone.:cool: Did you notice if it bottomed out any easier?

flauge
04-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Yea, I got it to bottom a couple times on some good sized jumps, but Im no frequent flyer so that wasnt much of a problem for me.
I raced 4 xc races last year with just the link and it did pretty decent. It soaked up a lot of stuff on the trails, but at 150 lbs I had to turn my comp setting all the way to hard and it still was a tad too soft.

REDRIDDER
04-06-2008, 04:32 PM
thanks..