PDA

View Full Version : i hit a couch and broke my 400 ...seriously

iceman2488x
11-24-2002, 08:50 AM
Well yesterday we got the idea to drag a old couch from a field behind my house to our track and we put it in the middle of the track "a big field with a quarter mile dirt track and some jumps", we sat it out there and spraypainted flames and stuff on it and then my friend with a 4x4 drove up onto the seats of it "showing how good his could climb, so i was like...top this, and i put my helmet on and got on my 400ex "with new black plastics and renthal bars", and i got about 20 ft from it and got ready to wheelie up onto it, i got up too high and the backs went up onto the old p.o.s couch, then it started to flip frontwards, i bailed and there was my 400, sitting upside down flipped frontwards over the couch, i turned it over and saw that my fender bracket was broke...ahh!! new fenders and allready messed em up ..well i am just gonna replace the bracket and drill a new hole for it...but it was funny as $#!#!!!! lol

=========================================

99, 400ex, black maier plastics, crome dg exhaust, razr front tires, renthal bars, k&n filter, 1 lsr hub "broke the other lsr one", shredder rear tires, dg bumper, dg nerf bars, renthal grips, skin industries graphics and seat cover, more to come...

98 300ex, some mods,

88 warrior p.o.s

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-24-2002, 09:08 AM
Driving over a couch...yea that was a smart one :rolleyes: :p

iceman2488x
11-24-2002, 10:24 AM
yea i know man, LoL,.. our track is right beside the road and i relocated the couch to like 60 ft from the road..it is like a dropoff down to the track and people was driving by looking at me like i was a d.a, i was there sitting in the couch for like 3 hours yesterday haha.. i need to sit a black cardboard box in front of it and make it look like i am watching tv in the middle of a field lol

Sparks425Ex
11-24-2002, 10:28 AM
Wow. Running and flipping over a couch. You are a D.A. :D

What possessed you to even try that. We do some stupid stuff around here but man you top anything I ever done.

Got any pics. I would love to see that.

billyblaster
11-24-2002, 10:36 AM
hahahahahaahaahahhahaha no.

NC2Quads
11-24-2002, 01:05 PM
You Should Have ROde IT OUt!

I Bet you could have held it if you didn't BAIL!

....I've Got a Hula-girl on the front of my riding mower....:huh

stupid driver
11-24-2002, 05:02 PM
i was ridin my friends ttr125 dirtbike, and when i jumped this little ramp, i didnt what was in front of me, a picnic table. I hit it, flipt over it, and watched the bike slide over a bunch of rock. My friend wasnt really pissed, he just laughed:D

Nausty
11-24-2002, 05:07 PM
hey at least you didn't crash into your garage window....

kicken250x
11-24-2002, 05:53 PM
Me and a few of my buddies have a couch, a pic-nic table, 10 milk crates and 4 6 ft long 4 inch wide peices pipe we use to set up trials runs. It is hard as crap to do on a XR100. I tryed to ride over the couch and jump from there to the pic-nic table on my x.... It didnt work to well to say the least. But atleast I didnt break anything!! lol Well.... I didnt break anything on my quad anyways. Well atleast you had fun doing it anyway! Thats all that matters! lol Later..

"BLAHH"300!!
11-24-2002, 08:44 PM
nausty, you need to have another wreck man.
we've been hearing about this garage window
for the past 2 years...i know the story so well,
that' i'll prolly be telling "MY" grandkids
about it oneday.

...no flame intended...

hotrodhonda400
11-24-2002, 08:55 PM
i've heard of going home and crashing on the couch, but d@mn!:confused: :D

Nausty
11-24-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by "BLAHH"300!!
nausty, you need to have another wreck man.
we've been hearing about this garage window
for the past 2 years...i know the story so well,
that' i'll prolly be telling "MY" grandkids
about it oneday.

...no flame intended...

well maybe some people don't know, who cares anyways... I did have another wreck, I broke my collar bone the weekend before last on the jump in my sig.

SGA
11-24-2002, 10:56 PM
Haha, bailing on the couch, thats too funny. Sounds like something we would try. Awhile back we got a mechanic's floor creeper and was pushing each other over a wooden ramp.

Oh, yeah. I got two of those little dogs with the bobbing heads on the dash of my truck.

L.Vegas400
11-24-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by iceman2488x
i need to sit a black cardboard box in front of it and make it look like i am watching tv in the middle of a field lol
speaking of tv's in the middle of nowhere,,,,
ive got an old(15yrs) big screen tv that we are gonna take out in the desert, set up about 5-6 folding chairs, video us watching tv and my buddy has a 76 chevy with a push bumper. he is gonna come out of nowhere and smash the ***** out of it.

Fender Bender
11-24-2002, 11:52 PM
LMAO, and here children, we have an idiot:devil

Fender Bender
11-24-2002, 11:54 PM
i meant the guy that tried to climb over the couch, not you l.vegas

iceman2488x
11-30-2002, 09:22 PM
hey, i got half way and it flipped forwards...i was jus trying to wheelie up ontop of it for a picture, i woulda took a picture but the thing is... i dont have a hose on my gastank lid so gas was pouring out and my engine was still running so i had to get it over quick. here is a picture of after i broke off my front bumper..hitting the base of a bridge..i know, more stupid stuff..well one time in a local junkyard i wheelied up onto a lincoln lol..the pic is after i drilled out the supports cuz their was 3 supports left on the frame and the other was still on the bumper, laying on the ground lol

250rmike
11-30-2002, 09:49 PM
yea thats wasnt the smartest thing to do with new plastic

Ride400
11-30-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400

speaking of tv's in the middle of nowhere,,,,
ive got an old(15yrs) big screen tv that we are gonna take out in the desert, set up about 5-6 folding chairs, video us watching tv and my buddy has a 76 chevy with a push bumper. he is gonna come out of nowhere and smash the ***** out of it.

you must have been baked or intoxicated when you thought of this idea:)

400exrules
11-30-2002, 10:54 PM
YOU WHEELIED ONTO A LINCOLN :huh :huh i hope you had skid plates. but anyways.............. WE GOT A HANDFUL OF REDNECKS IN THIS THREAD WOOOOOOOOOO !!!! lol. hey no flame intended, i listen to countr music and bug the he!! out of my parents to see if we can move out to the country and i think we are in about 1 - 2 years WOOOOT ill have land to ride my quad on.

400exrules
11-30-2002, 10:54 PM
by the way im listening to toby keith, alan jackson, and kenny chesney right now on a CD i just burned

4punksdad
12-01-2002, 06:59 AM
well...........here is another perspective for you folks.

when your riding area gets shut down.........ask yourself if it might have been because you hauled trash into the woods & left it there. Just a thought.

12-01-2002, 08:05 AM
:devil I was thinking ,..you a hita DS650!,,,;) :blah

QuadTrix6
12-01-2002, 10:50 AM
:huh

12-01-2002, 11:16 AM
i have a buddy that could probably bunnyhop his 80 dirtbike up onto a couch.

he can bunnyhop on his bmx over couches lol

OutlawEX
12-01-2002, 02:14 PM
ya i got a hobby like that i run over couches too,lmfao,j/k:devil

Rip_Tear
12-01-2002, 03:34 PM
Heh. The dumbest thing I ever did was run into a snow bank on the 300 and let my self be thrown over into the snow. What were you thinking.... You should have bunny hopped it.. lol JK

iceman2488x
01-19-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
well...........here is another perspective for you folks.

when your riding area gets shut down.........ask yourself if it might have been because you hauled trash into the woods & left it there. Just a thought.

My riding area wont get shut down, I own where we took the couch...it was in the field that i took that picture in..somewhere around where the 4wheeler is sitting is where i did the couch thing at

freakystone
01-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by iceman2488x
Well yesterday we got the idea to drag a old couch from a field behind my house to our track and we put it in the middle of the track "a big field with a quarter mile dirt track and some jumps", we sat it out there and spraypainted flames and stuff on it and then my friend with a 4x4 drove up onto the seats of it "showing how good his could climb, so i was like...top this, and i put my helmet on and got on my 400ex "with new black plastics and renthal bars", and i got about 20 ft from it and got ready to wheelie up onto it, i got up too high and the backs went up onto the old p.o.s couch, then it started to flip frontwards, i bailed and there was my 400, sitting upside down flipped frontwards over the couch, i turned it over and saw that my fender bracket was broke...ahh!! new fenders and allready messed em up ..well i am just gonna replace the bracket and drill a new hole for it...but it was funny as $#!#!!!! lol

When are you darn hill-billies gonna figure out that your living room is INSIDE the house and your sister wasnt put on earth to practice on... Sheep were.

raptor_02
01-19-2003, 11:50 AM
I believe I can top that. One morning I needed a ride to one of my friends house cause he was going to give me a ride to school. So I borrowed my bro's raptor and put it in reverse and took off. Well as soon as I went to turn the damn thing it flipped on me. IN REVERSE. I was like damn this thing is dangerous. The reverse on those things need to definetely be geared down.

muff
01-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by raptor_02
I believe I can top that. One morning I needed a ride to one of my friends house cause he was going to give me a ride to school. So I borrowed my bro's raptor and put it in reverse and took off. Well as soon as I went to turn the damn thing it flipped on me. IN REVERSE. I was like damn this thing is dangerous. The reverse on those things need to definetely be geared down.

yeah I've got a prairie 400 and i think it can go as fast in reverse as it does in drive, its scary fast, you just gotta hold in the reverse override button, I've almost flipped a couple of times in reverse but somehow I managed to save it

DaveEX7
01-19-2003, 01:09 PM
brings back memories....... my friend took mikes(my other friend)blaster out, and mike took the bayou... so while he was riden the bayou he thought it would be funny to do donuts in reverse... NOT

and the D.A. is goin in on a slope..... ne way after about 5 rotations it was lookin funny all ova sudden the wheels caught and the quad flipped on top of him

and we got it flipped back over b4 he got back with the Blaster so it was all good, except mike got the wind knocked outta him:D :p

born-to-race
01-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Ever tried to dance with a tree while riding a quad? I have but it twirled me and I ended up under my quad. What happened was the left side of my quad went up the tree and the right side swung around on top of my.

muff
01-19-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by born-to-race
Ever tried to dance with a tree while riding a quad?

lol can't say I have

should I try it sometime?

DaveEX7
01-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by muff
should I try it sometime?

i wouldnt recomend it lol

muff
01-19-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by SpeedDemin85
i wouldnt recomend it lol

ok i'll keep that in mind next time I'm thinkin about dancin w/ a tree on my quad

actually I've drivin up a tree, well not really but you know what I mean, I didnt go high enough to flip but it was still cool, I've done it on my lawnmower to but it started to cut out when I went to high

DaveEX7
01-19-2003, 03:25 PM
another fun thing to do is put a haybail against a tree and slowly ride the quad up the haybail and stop in a wheelie position ;) :huh

born-to-race
01-20-2003, 04:40 PM
I don't no why the tree got so mad. Maybe my wheels got a little to low. :huh