PDA

View Full Version : Hetrick Pipe

Fran
04-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Anyone put a Hetrick pipe on their Viper 90?
I put in a power up kit and the pipe doesn't fit, I sent it back and they believe it is the correct pipe, I tried trimming the head pipe but no luck, the folks at Hetrick are great and trying to help, anyone got any ideas??

I have all the plastic off the quad so the battery is not in the way, and I removed the oil injection completely and capped off the gearbox.

It's time to ride and my boy is mad at me

HELP PLEASE,

Thanks,

Fran

pitviperacing
04-05-2008, 12:59 PM
mine bolts on fine, just had to relocate the bolt for the silencer you do have to cut the plastic for the battery box in order to put the plastic back on.

markvette
04-05-2008, 07:23 PM
do you have the stock floor boards. most pipes hit on one of the bars that go across on the stock floor boards. either put ac nerfs on it or notch the bar that goes across.

Mark

Fran
04-06-2008, 06:05 AM
Thanks for the reply's,

I have nerf bars on it so that is no problem, The head pipe I trimmed so it doesnt hit the frame, but it hooks to far left and the tail pipe will not line up to allow them to fit togeather.

Thanks Again,

Fran

dericsdad
04-06-2008, 08:47 PM
is the 90r the reverse model??? maybe the pipe they sent wasn't for the reverse model or vise/versa.... The reverse pipes are different to clear the gearcase.

Fran
04-24-2008, 03:32 PM
I got a new head pipe and cut 1/2" off and it fit much better.

With the new pipe, larger main jet, new ignition and clutch springs/weights this thing came alive, I put in the 2000rpm springs and this thing really comes off the line with a kick, the top end is around 30mph.
My son loves it now, and can't get enough of it.
I am getting ready to put on a uni filter and up the main jet 1 or 2 steps and from what I hear this will give it another big performance upgrade.

Hetrick has done a great job with their R&D.