PDA

View Full Version : Closest dunes from WV?

Ben
11-24-2002, 06:49 AM
I would love to go to the dunes this spring/summer. As I have no idea about dune riding I have no clue where the closest dunes are to WV. I would love to have an EXriders/CannondaleRiders gathering if we can pull it off. :D

Ben

Tommy 17
11-24-2002, 10:55 AM
probably silver lake sand dunes in michigan... there was talk bout having a ride there instead of h.m this year but who knows... i will probably be there 4th of july..

Pappy
11-24-2002, 11:17 AM
ben, west va has sand dunes.....the have piles of sand for the roads when it snows;) :devil

lets go to silver lake:D

Ben
11-24-2002, 11:20 AM
Is Silver Lake a good duning area (like out west) or is it kind of subpar and small?

Pappy
11-24-2002, 11:21 AM
from what i hear its worth the trip....but im sure someone who has been there will fill us in on the specifics:cool:

own2424
11-24-2002, 11:28 AM
ask CHex, he has a thread about Michigan Dunes...and from what I hear and see....THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE DUNES OUT WEST! (glamis);)

WyoDuner
11-25-2002, 12:23 PM
Ben, I have never been to Silver Lake but from what I hear about sound restrictions, overcrowding, and the dunes in general I would think it may be a better pay-off to head West to the good dunes. Personally I would head to St. Anthony, ID or Little Sahara, UT. It's a 2 day drive each way but if you're going go to the dunes then go to the DUNES... I have about 1 billion pics and videos on my site from these places, BTW.

Maybe Little Sahara, OK would be a good compromise if you wanted soemthing in-between.

2qk4u
11-25-2002, 11:21 PM
just come out to Little Sahara in Oklahoma Ben. Im from WV and it is a 1000 mile drive for me so it isnt that much farther for you. it will be worth the drive for you. it is a good place to ride and alot of people go there and isnt any restrictions that i know of. we need to get them flags made up before spring hits. hint hint

redrider808
11-26-2002, 09:52 AM
silver lake is not that bad . yes it is small but you have to think your doing 60 mph all the time .
i go there once a month and have a good time .

there's 5 bigger dune that are one way so
and when you get out by the lake you can ride where ever .
there's jumpes every where .

the drags are a good time too . bring that blaze and well own the strip

if you head this way let me
let try to get a ride set up some time

A4StrokeGuy
11-27-2002, 03:42 PM
Well i frequent silver lake as much as possible between work, school and racing theres not much time. Theres no better time to ride then in the dunes. Now your crazy to drive 600 miles on 4th of july, it'll be packed, and not fun, i go on the first week of april. Its cold snowy but its empty and its all to yourself, just put the carharts on and have a blast! Best days are any days in april and sept and oct, OR tuesday to thursday, the weekenders won't be there. You won't see the awsome quads but heck i'm there to ride not stare at someones ride who makes mine look like a POS. The sound thing is not a problem, as long as u have a s/a your fine. I guess the town's people said no sound thing cuz business was cutting down. Could be different this year but when in doubt throw the stocker on. Camping can be crazy but i prefer the local Comfort Inn, in april u can get two rooms for one night for around $80. Any more info u want or any pics let me know!

Jordan

12-05-2002, 12:25 PM
wow that would be a trip lol if i could go that would be a blast.
killer