PDA

View Full Version : oil filters

03warriorrider
04-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Does anyone know where i could get 50 oil filters. I'm tired of paying out the a** for filters at the dealer, so I'm looking for a place where i could get filters at a discounted rate if i buy 50 or so. Anybody know where dealers get them from? I found a eBay store that will sell me 50 Hiflo's for $120 but that's the best i got so far.

And i know they sell reusable filters but i don't want to run one of those id rather stick to the paper filters.

BadinBlack
04-04-2008, 07:50 PM
thats a pretty good deal there $2.40 each. if you go through that many filters its probably good for ya.

03warriorrider
04-04-2008, 08:10 PM
haha yea all those filters aren't just for me. I'm gonna split it with my buddy who has a 450r also. Just figured we'd save ourselves some money if we ordered a bunch at once.

d3ktrix
04-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Ya thats about the best ur guna do I think.
I bought 50 hiflo's on ebay a few months ago for me and a friend.

03warriorrider
04-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Ya thats about the best ur guna do I think.
I bought 50 hiflo's on ebay a few months ago for me and a friend.

How do you like the hiflo's....are they a decent quality filter? I dont want to be buying 50 of these things either and find out they are crappy haha.

d3ktrix
04-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by 03warriorrider
How do you like the hiflo's....are they a decent quality filter? I dont want to be buying 50 of these things either and find out they are crappy haha.

IMO there exactly the same as the OEM Honda filters. Just the color of the fabric is different. I've been using them for almost 2 years.
Knowing how most of the industrial world works, the hiflo's are prolly made by the same people that make the filters for honda :P

TRENT_G
04-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Does anyone have a link? Thanks

03warriorrider
04-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by TRENT_G
Does anyone have a link? Thanks

If your looking for the filters its....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130201688061&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

You can email him and he will give you a price for 50.

arTuReX
04-06-2008, 02:43 PM
[i]
And i know they sell reusable filters but i don't want to run one of those id rather stick to the paper filters. [/B]
What's wrong with those??? im about to get one!!

pro-rider46
04-06-2008, 04:39 PM
some people dont like the idea of the reusable filters, i think the paper ones are better because they filter great, and when you put a new one in it, you are guarenteed to have a 100% clean filter instead of i think its clean, i cleaned it good.

03warriorrider
04-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
some people dont like the idea of the reusable filters, i think the paper ones are better because they filter great, and when you put a new one in it, you are guarenteed to have a 100% clean filter instead of i think its clean, i cleaned it good.

Exactly my thoughts.

I could be totally wrong with this but from what i have seen most reusable filters are made from a metal screen. With a screen you can only get the hole so small so IMO i cant see it doing a thorough enough job of filtering. As with a paper filter it doesn't rely on a screen but instead intertwined micro-fibers to filter. In other words I just feel more comfortable using a paper filter.

TRENT_G
04-07-2008, 11:30 AM
03warriorrider, Thanks for the link.

Scro
04-07-2008, 11:50 AM
The next time you change your oil, cut the fabric out of the filter and you'll see why I don't run a reusable filter. No matter how well maintained any motor is, VERY tiny metal shavings are being produced. You can just barely feel them when you run your finger over them. I don't see how the holes in a reusable filter can be smaller than this.

Granted, if you had a reusable filter the shavings probably won't cause any trouble and will probably drain out along with the oil. I just want the peace of mind that they are being caught by the filter. $4.00 every oil change is cheap insurance.

BadinBlack
04-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Scro
The next time you change your oil, cut the fabric out of the filter and you'll see why I don't run a reusable filter. No matter how well maintained any motor is, VERY tiny metal shavings are being produced. You can just barely feel them when you run your finger over them. I don't see how the holes in a reusable filter can be smaller than this.

Granted, if you had a reusable filter the shavings probably won't cause any trouble and will probably drain out along with the oil. I just want the peace of mind that they are being caught by the filter. $4.00 every oil change is cheap insurance.
exactly only cuz the reusables are more convient does not mean they will the way to go. IMO