PDA

View Full Version : sprocket help please!!!!!

blankenship
04-04-2008, 07:13 PM
hello everyone i am kinda new around here and need a little help i have change the axle in my 400ex but the sprocket hub has a little bit of play not so much as front to back but side to side and i know this cant be right as it is pressed on there could it affect my bearing carrier and bearings sprockets/chain....????? not sure what to do mayb see if i can get it press on tight or am i gunna need to call rpm for new hub/axle

2muchquad
04-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah they are pressed on,there shouldnt be any play side to side.

blankenship
04-04-2008, 10:17 PM
yea i figures that was wondering if pressing it on the cir clip will tighten it up and if they play will be a big problem or is it something that is not a big deal

drew416ex
04-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by blankenship
yea i figures that was wondering if pressing it on the cir clip will tighten it up and if they play will be a big problem or is it something that is not a big deal

Can you tighten your axle nut to take the slack out of it?

blankenship
04-04-2008, 10:21 PM
yea mayb i am going to try to use a press/well this thing a buddie and i rigged up lol but works like press to press it onto the cir clip adn then tighten up axle nut as it is exactly like that its almost as if the axle nut is not keeping pressure on the sprocket cir clip is showing and loose