PDA

View Full Version : dog breeders i need some help

JJs450r
04-04-2008, 06:51 PM
well when we got my dog he wasnt registered, i now wanna get him registered and wanted to know about in doing so, his dad is registered through bfkc(bona fide kennel club), and the mom doesnt have papers, so my next question is will we beable to pull papers on my dog? if so can we go through ckc or apbr(american pittbull registry) or would we have to go the route where his dad is registered(bfkc)? any and all help please im lost :) thanks

Iliketogofast
04-04-2008, 07:38 PM
You can register a dog with no papers through APBR, and you don't need papers on either side (mom or dad). You have to send them like a front and side pic so they know he is a pit. You can also submit the sire's papers and he will show up as registered on your dog's pedigree. The mom will show up too but unless you get her registered with them as well then she obviously won't show as registered on the pedigree.

It's like 40 bucks total with a pedigree. and certificate and stuff.

JJs450r
04-04-2008, 08:37 PM
what about regristing both ckc and apbr

Iliketogofast
04-05-2008, 07:27 AM
AKC is the only registry that you need papers on the mother and father for, and the AKC doesn't even recognize the APBT as a breed so it doesn't matter.

Everything else I think only requires your word and two pictures, front and side, for them to determine whether he is actually a purebred.

JJs450r
04-05-2008, 02:00 PM
cool thanks gettin ready to send it in

Iliketogofast
04-05-2008, 02:30 PM
No problem.