PDA

View Full Version : Restrictors inside clutch/variator area?

47501exracer
04-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I have a 2 stroke arctic cat 90. Supposedly there is a restrictor in the tranny area somewhere. Can anyone tell me where it is located or what it looks like?

I got some parts from Hetrick including a Uni filter. Does the filter attach directly to the carb? This quad has a smooth air intake tube and the Uni will not stay on it.

I have already made several mods to this machine and am ready to start putting it back together tonight.

If anyone has a service manual for this quad I would be willing to buy it. Thanks!

Logan #34's Dad
04-04-2008, 10:25 PM
I've never heard of a restrictor unless there is one of those plastic rings on the tube for the variator that goes over the crank. If so remove it so that the two faces are able to touch each other. The stock roller weight is probably heavy.
The uni filter: will most likely attach right to the carb. FYI: Jetting may change a little.
GOOD LUCK, It has only just begun! LOL

47501exracer
04-05-2008, 04:50 AM
Thanks!. Yes there is a small 3/8-1/4 inch wide ring that rides on the variator sleeve. I will take it off. I already changed to 5 gram rollers and put a 110 main jet in, the stock one was 77.5.

I have already finished several other mods and removed the carb restrictor.