PDA

View Full Version : new fmf jet kit, wont start???

BigLuke
04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Ok heres the deal, just installed Hot Cams stage 2 cam, Yoshi RS3 slip on, the quad ran before I brought it home. Installed FMF stage one jetting, E clip on third notch on needle, 146 main jet, and fuel mixture screw 3.5 turns out, done it all to the T according to the instructions. Air box lid on with core still in muffler. I got it to hit once and then nothing, I cant smell much fuel at all so am I to lean or to rich??
Im new to all this but everything is done corectly.

RaginRedneck
04-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm by far no jetting expert....but, I'm not sure what year your quad is, but here's where I am at. I have an '07, stock was a 148 main, I added a slip on and a K&N Air filter and I'm at a 155 main now. I'm wondering if you are way on the lean side??? I'm not sure what effect the cam would have on the jetting, but I would start with pulling the plug. You said you got it to fire off once so it should be colored somehow.

Also, check your timing, make sure when you installed the new cam you didn't get it out of time causing intake/exhaust valve issues.

Sorry, not a whole lot of help here, but I would start with the cam action, that is what should have really made the change to the quad firing or not. Even if you are lean it should still kick off I would think.

Good luck.

BigBore24
04-04-2008, 08:49 PM
start simple by changing the plug.

BigLuke
04-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Mine is a '06 I finally got it to run sunday, it turned out that I was too lean. I installed a new plug put a 165 jet in, removed the air box lid and took the core out of the muffler and it ran. Man it takes forever for these things to warm up too. As far as timing and valve adjustment everything is good. The power is awesome now, 1-4 gear it just wants to pull the front up no prob. I think I need to go back to my factory 14 tooth front so I can get some top end back.
Thanks for your help.