PDA

View Full Version : Lowering kit for my truck?

416exfreak
04-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Can anyone help me find one?

I drive a 93 Dodge D150, 2wd. Its a standard cab, short wheelbase truck.

I know it can be done to, because Ive attached a picture of a truck like mine thats lowered.

Can someone please help me fine a kit to lower my truck?

glamiskid395
04-04-2008, 12:19 PM
cant help, but try going to a truck shop/body shop that does lifts and see if they can help.
but are you sure thats not a custom kit on that truck pictured?

hardkoratvmxr
04-04-2008, 02:01 PM
have you looked at djm lowering kits? you could use a chevy drop shackle for the rear end maybe. i know the shakcles they use will work on rangers for lift so maybe they would work. coils up front? could get smaller coils as in height. other than that go to your local auto parts store and have them look in their database and they should be able to help you out

Kickstarts-suck
04-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Here ya go They do not make a KIT for your truck so you will have to do a custom job.
http://dodgeforum.com/m_1091850/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Im about to do a DJM 3/5 drop on mine. The rear will be a DJM flip fit and front DJM dream beams.

416exfreak
04-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I know some things will have to be custom. Im pretty good at fabricating and making things (despite my age... I grew up in a machine shop).

I cant wait to see it all done! Its gonna be sick. Im thinking about some 18" 5 or 6 spoke wheels. Everyone let me know what you think it would look like.

If I didnt have to haul my quad around, Id sell it and buy the RX-7 my neighbor is selling. Its an 89, but its CLEAN and FAAAAAAST!!!!
:devil:

stocktires
04-05-2008, 05:25 PM
If you still have access to that shop and are knowledgeable about suspensions, you shouldn't have a problem...
How low are you wanting to go? Go with 20" rims please, they are just as cheap these days (depending on your bolt pattern).