PDA

View Full Version : Water Skimming!

Knoxy
04-04-2008, 08:37 AM
I POSTED THIS IN THE STUNT RIDING SECTION TOO.. BUT I THOUGHT IT WOULD GET MORE TRAFFIC HERE! LOL

A while back i saw a picture in quadding magazine of this guy cruising across some water completely skimming the water. he was friggen flyin!

he was driving a LTZ450 Racer

you know how the snowmobiles do it... its obviously easy for them because they have paddles!!!
but i was wondering if any one on this entire forum has ever done it or has seen anyone do it?
i would love to learn... i have a place in mind here this weekend! but i would like a general idea of how to do it before i go flying flat on my face!

i have picked a spot that i relatively flat with a small body of water that isn't too deep if i dont make it!

heres a link to a pic i found of it!
http://www.quadscentral.com/images/quadski2.jpg

hopefully i hear from you soon!
heres a pic
hopefully it works

klutch
04-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Looks sick! Tell us how it goes. Good luck

Rider-trx_250ex
04-04-2008, 11:27 PM
it's actually pretty easy, i do it on my 250 when it is wet out all the time. The hole is only 1 ft deep but about 15 yards long.........just get some decent speed and right b4 your front tires hit the water throw ur butt down on the seat to bring the front end up a bit with some throttle. I'm sure if i can do it on a 250ex then a yfz would be no problem. youll know if ur not going fast enough because u will get soaked if u go too slow. keep ur weight towars the rear of the quad too.

Knoxy
04-05-2008, 09:31 AM
thanks man.... it friggen snowed today and i was plannin on trying it out! oh well guess ill have to wait till next weekend!

bullS**T
any ways thanks for the help!

yfz4504life
06-16-2008, 03:50 PM
not a good idea....i was in a gravel pit about a month ago and ate s#$t big time. the guys that do it in the desert have paddle tires and have modded quads. you need to be taped and make sure the water is not deep. i hit about a 40ft long pond about a foot and a half deep, made it 3/4 of the way and got sideways and the front tires went under and tossed me over the bars.