PDA

View Full Version : sand tires

brhaminator
04-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I have a 07 525 outlaw irs. I am try to find a good place to buy quality sand tires at a good price. I hear sand stars are good but this is the first time i have bought sand tires so i don't have a clue. I have looked at some web sites but none tell me if they are for the 525 irs. all they have is three numers and i don't know what they mean or which size to order. I also heard the irs has an off set rim. I want to make sure i get the right ones because i am going to st.anthonies in 3 weeks and i want it to be sweet. Can anyone help!

smokinwrench
04-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I am running sand stars on my 525 irs. I am totally happy with them. Always ran haulers before but had to get new tires for this one so I wanted to try v paddles. I know a I loose a little speed in the drags but my handling is awesome. I can sidehill all day long and change directions and never stop.

I am running normal honda pattern wheels with standard 2x6 offset, this makes it 53" inches wide at the outside (gotta watch those trees) it handles and rides perfect. Just normal 10" sandstars.

For front tires I watched ebay and bought a set of dune streakers or whatever they are called the cheapest dune tires i could find ($47 shipped brand new) just single rib tires with a yamaha bolt pattern.

I would like to find a set of 7 paddle edge or gliders to try out.

Do not buy The Trakker they are horrible and do not buy 10 paddle edge, tried both and wasted my $$$.

525 Outlaw Dude
04-03-2008, 10:09 PM
try rockymountianatv.com
-Sand Stars (good all around fun tire)
-Skat Trac Extreme Haulers (awesome race & ride tire)

bossman525
04-04-2008, 05:38 AM
go to rocky mountainatv like dude said. i just bought sand snakes and the stock off set rear wheels for $216 shipped. the rear wheels you get are also 10 inch rather than the stock 9 inch

Evasiveone
04-04-2008, 07:09 AM
Like they said, Rockymountain.com.

As for the brand I have both the Sand Star and the Skat Trak Edge (V-pattern) both in 8 paddle. The Edge are a little more expensive but well worth the extra $$$. The Edge are so much better than the Sand Star's.