View Full Version : guy question

One_Bad_400
04-03-2008, 09:27 PM
how many of ya'll wear cups when ya'll ride/race? i've never worn one but am about to become a member of the club.. i just got back form the minor med. because i started peeing blood :ermm: it freaked the heck out of me at first so i went and told my mom... i'm saying it was a good 60/40 % blood... long story short.. pretty much bouncing my balls around a little to much and damadged the main cord on the ball? i have no clue... but i cant ride for a few days untill it heels :mad:

J//FLY
04-03-2008, 09:35 PM
i guess u almost have to now but thats messed up man id pass out

Pipeless416
04-03-2008, 09:57 PM
wow, i shed a tear for you. i don't think i could wear a cup while riding..:confused: you should try bubble wrapping the goods... seriously.

CannondaleRider
04-03-2008, 10:31 PM
I really don't have to many issues with that.......

BUT....I have had a couple 20 foot out flat landings, or some really hard cases, that are hard enough hits that you just can't avoid a hard smack....kinda brings you down to a slower clip for a bit when that happens, lol. I have considered a cup before..

the Z Man
04-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Try a kidney belt, could just be bruising...

glamiskid395
04-04-2008, 12:50 AM
go for it, if you cant stand wearin one, then try somethin else.

Velocity Girl
04-04-2008, 04:32 AM
Ok...not a guy but have a husband and brother who ride.

You sure the blood isn't from not wearing a kidney belt. My brother has had this problem a few times.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

KXRida
04-04-2008, 05:24 AM
I almost thought about starting to wear one due to last weak. Over shot a double and was up on the tank pretty far when I landed. I caught a part of the gas cap, tank, and end of the seat. OUCH!!!!

Hope all is well for ya bro!

chris46250r
04-04-2008, 05:37 AM
Wear a kidney belt for the kidneys flopping around. That will make you pee blood also. And when I race or do some serious riding, I've got the tightie white's on to keep things organized. None of this will help with a blow to the boys but it will keep things from flopping around.

Or you could be like most of my married friends and just let your wife keep your boys in thier purse. :D

stumpleg
04-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r

Or you could be like most of my married friends and just let your wife keep your boys in thier purse. :D

HAHA! :D

bwamos
04-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Wear a kidney belt for the kidneys flopping around. That will make you pee blood also.

Agree. Kidney belt is a must for a lot of rough riding.

And when I race or do some serious riding, I've got the tightie white's on to keep things organized. None of this will help with a blow to the boys but it will keep things from flopping around.

Boxer Breifs. Benefits of the tighty-whitey's but w/o the chaffing.

KXRida
04-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Boxer Breifs. Benefits of the tighty-whitey's but w/o the chaffing.

X2!!!

I wear them. Keeps everything all snugged up.

Bradracer18
04-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Sounds like kidneys to me. Take the above advice.

I'd say....don't wear anything. I usually wear boxers, but sometimes go without. Let the boys loose, it will make ya faster:)

muddy400EX
04-04-2008, 02:36 PM
wow dude that sucks:eek2:

lol i like the bubble wrap idea, could you imagine goin ridin with your buddies and everyones takin off and ur like "WAIT UP GUYS I GOTTA BUBBLE WRAP MY BALLS!!" lol thats awesome

One_Bad_400
04-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Velocity Girl
Ok...not a guy but have a husband and brother who ride.

You sure the blood isn't from not wearing a kidney belt. My brother has had this problem a few times.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

no.. i went to the doc... the main tube or what ever that conects to it got damadged so the blood was draining into my bladder?! i dont know... all i know it my balls hurt and my pee is red lol

pro-rider46
04-04-2008, 05:50 PM
dude, this may require a prayer for your balls.

sorry to get off subject but i heard a lot of people wear thongs when they race because regular undies goes up the crack anyhow so theres not so much junk stuck in the trunk?

IDK

NJ450rider
04-04-2008, 06:10 PM
riding/cycling/compression shorts(whatever you want to call them) will help in supporting the goods also.

I personally have never ever had a problem. All the hard landings and crashes. Ive never had blood in my urine. That would scare the **** out of me though!

wayfastwhitey69
04-04-2008, 08:14 PM
go into your local sports store and get some rugby spandex thats what i wear holds the boys in place.

bulkdriverlp
04-04-2008, 08:19 PM
ha ha ha good topic.

get a couple of them there bungie cords or somethin

get-r-dunn

04-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I dont wear a cup or anything. If I rode a dirtbike I think I might. I have landed on my boys lol a few times befre when jumping or soemthing with a hard landing and its not a good feeling. You stop shortly after to throw up because your stomach gets real upset real quick haha.

One_Bad_400
04-04-2008, 10:00 PM
haha.. trust me.. i've landed on my boys bad.. a few of them miss leading jumps that send ya aobut 20 feet past the landing and you pretty much sit on them when you land... lol... but i didnt even hit them hard yesterday... the doctor said i just hit it in the right spot.. she siad it dont matter how hard you hit them.. its how you hit them and where... lol

WatersRacing
04-04-2008, 11:59 PM
I wouldn't suggest tighty whities, boxer briefs, or thongs. Get some riding shorts that are specifically made for riding a quad or bike. No chaffing. Slight padding in crotch and butt. Some also have built in hip pads.

ARC Padded Riding Shorts (http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&navTitle=Protection&webTypeId=158&webCatId=4&prodFamilyId=12951)

JJs450r
04-05-2008, 04:08 AM
the worst nut checks come from breaking bumps be hit 4 times in a row is no joke i dont think i could wear a couple be 2 scared would pop out and pinch

KXRida
04-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by WatersRacing
I wouldn't suggest tighty whities, boxer briefs, or thongs. Get some riding shorts that are specifically made for riding a quad or bike. No chaffing. Slight padding in crotch and butt. Some also have built in hip pads.

ARC Padded Riding Shorts (http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&navTitle=Protection&webTypeId=158&webCatId=4&prodFamilyId=12951)

I wear boxer briefs to keep everything from bouncing around if you know what I mean. Are the ARC shorts like a tight fit? I was looking at them.

One_Bad_400
04-05-2008, 10:19 AM
welp fella's... i just got back from a "check up" and i STILL wont be able to ride for a week... i was really wanting to get in a good practice next weekend but its not lookin to good :(

the ONE time i didnt wear my kidney belt this happeneds... i always wear it

krt400ex
04-05-2008, 12:47 PM
for me...a cup would be very unconfortable and probabl cramp my riding. that is why i dont wear one. i got mine pinched between my gas tank and thigh once...and it hurt like hell for a couple days, but i never peed blood.

krt400ex
04-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp

get-r-dunn

correction... git-r-dun lol. :D

One_Bad_400
04-07-2008, 07:09 PM
the the people that have had there kidney all banged up and blood in there pee... how long after it happened did you have to wait till you could get back to normal life... its been 5 days for me and my doctor said i cant do anything for anyther 2-3 days untill i give him another piss sample

miller821
04-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46

sorry to get off subject but i heard a lot of people wear thongs when they race because regular undies goes up the crack anyhow so theres not so much junk stuck in the trunk?

Well let us know how that works out for ya... Maybe try a few different color combos? :macho

450raider
04-07-2008, 07:59 PM
pissin blood huh, sorry to hear that, that would scare the he** outta me, best wishes

and i got one word...speedo :cool:, nah maybe when its hotter and you ride to the swimmin hole, but boxerbriefs/biker shorts suit me fine for now.

04-07-2008, 08:43 PM
stand up when you ride.

Honda_Matt
04-07-2008, 08:48 PM
I took a few hard landings today and was thinking myself I might start wearing one,

Hurts to rack em on landings and whatnot.

KXRida
04-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
stand up when you ride.

this also helps! haha

btw, I like your deutsch. "You're little in the pants" haha