PDA

View Full Version : durablue Swaybar???

tri5ron
04-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I saw a auction on ebay for a Swaybar to fit a 400ex.
I have not seen any threads or comments from anyone here mentioning this or using one.
Just curious if anyone here has ever tried one, or seen one on a 400ex?

Although it does seem a bit overkill to me, on a quad,...

I can say, that when I put them on my '56 Chevy,(front and rear), It made the car corner like it was on rails!

any comments???

glamiskid395
04-03-2008, 07:59 PM
swaybar on a quad is for flattrack racing, when they lower the bikes to sit with the swingarm and a-arms level.

not sure how it would work with a bike that has full travel?

tri5ron
05-05-2011, 11:53 AM
bump

CJM
05-05-2011, 01:04 PM
My opinion is a sway bar controls exactly what it says-your sway or howmuch the vehicle will lean.

Considering the EX is a double wishbone frontend and its travel is derived from this setup-it aint gonna work right unless your racing flat track Ron. If you tried to go offroad it wouldnt have the proper travel and could cause an accident.

DoonRider
05-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Like they said they are for short track tt or oval racing. If you ride those types of tracks or don't ride off road, sway bars make for fun riding as the weight transfers to your rear wheel when you turn. You hook up and take off. You''ll want to be set up with a lowered suspension to make it fully effective. I used to race TT. The sway bar was fun for play riding too. Not good for jumps or deep ruts though.

trailrider894
05-07-2011, 10:41 PM
No, clue about on the EX, but i know that Joe Byrd ran one for a few races a couple season ago.

440ex. ehhh!!
05-08-2011, 09:34 AM
i have one on my 450.
if you are riding anywhere that is not level you do not want it on there.
i race flat track so i bought one for $95 off a buddy. with it hooked up your front arms will not move independently very much, if anything. it makes turning harder when off road.
i unbolted one of the links for now while i ride in a sand pit and i noticed a BIG difference as soon as i did so.
unless you are racing tt or oval, don't get one, it makes for an awfully rough ride.
its like have a straight axle in the front end. :p
and the durablue sway bars are not made specific for each model quad, you simply adjust the arms and the mounting brackets.
however they do make different ones for extended arms.

Josh