PDA

View Full Version : Can you put to pieces of body plastic together seemlessly?

Magicfan25
11-05-2001, 10:00 PM
I doubt its possible but i'll throw it out there anyhow....I hate the headlight on my 300EX. I was hopin there was some way I could order a 400EX headlight set up and then just cut out a place in the stock 300EX plastic to mount it...the light set up on the 250EX isnt bad either if I could just cut out a place for it and put the two pieces together without a huge nasty seam. So is there something that works like model glue and just kinda melts them together and then i could just use something to sand off the extra and make it smoothe. If not i might see about adding some different lights elsewhere on the quad and just take the stock one off alltogether (and relocate the neutral and reverse lights)

"BLAHH"300!!
11-06-2001, 02:29 PM
i bout hate that square light up there- looks like it came off an
old big red- i was thinking of getting some small fog lights and putting em down low around the shock area-

and yeah- if that 250ex plastic hood would fit my bike i would go and order that- i like those lights- looks kinda like the old -R-'s lights- or air intake- -

let me know what you come up with man-

later

Nate's96 300ex
11-06-2001, 04:37 PM
yea i hate it also so i bought some 400ex lights off a guy but never got to try to hook them up some way guess i lost intrest well anyways if you guyz find ou a way to tell me

trueblue450
11-07-2001, 08:00 PM
Just take that ugly square thing off. But in all reality I think the 250EX is just as ugly. But you are talking about bonding two pieces of plastic together. How would you take them off when you... say needed to get to the engine?

Magicfan25
11-07-2001, 09:05 PM
Ok..heres what I mean.... get the 250EX front plastic and headlight. the plastic that goes around the headlight on the 250, cut that off...then on the 300EX front plastic, cut a place out of the front plastic, and insert the headlight plastic you cut off the 250 and put the two together...Then I can take the stock 300 headlight and plastic casing off and the plastic over the handlebars. The other thing about the 400EX...when I looked at one it looked like the black plastic the headlights mount in i separate insert...if it is maybe i can order just that and cut out a place in the 300EX plastic to put it. I'm not changing anything to where I cant take the plastic off...I'm just talking about being able to make a nice looking seam where I join the two things together. I plan to look at the Honda parts computer at the dealer when I go to NC for Thanksgiving..they're cool and will let me play on their parts catalog to do stuff like this. I might decide this idea sucks and just get some lights to mount elsewhere on the bike..but I'll have to do more research to tell. I might try it and it ends up sucking ***, but I figure somewhere along the line everything cool we have is where somebody was tryin to change somethin they didnt like. Alot failed but some worked...I think it would be kinda cool to be one of the ones that makes it work (and if it doesnt i'll be that dumbass that tried it and everyone knows from then on not to try it lol)