PDA

View Full Version : 08 Outlaw 90

DialTone301
04-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Does anyone have an 08 Outlaw 90 4 stroke?

If so how are they holding up.

Do the drum brakes work okay?

Enough power for trail riding and hill climbing?

Any comparison to the o8 Eton 90R 4 stroke?

Not looking to race just trail ride.

jjd223
04-03-2008, 04:32 PM
DT

We have (2) 07 Outlaw 90's (4 stroke) (1) is basically stock and (1) is built for MX racing. I will say in stock form the Outlaw is a great bike and very reliable. once you start abusing it in stock form to the likes of MX racing is when it will eventually fail. The Outlaw always starts and runs, which is great for a young rider( no dissapointments) as with all bikes maintenance is the key to reliability and longevity. There are now a few nice performance upgrades available for the Outlaw.

Joe

tireman43
04-03-2008, 05:47 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=323845

Check out that thread. It is bone stock and gets rode very hard and has been a great quad so far.

Kevin

DialTone301
04-04-2008, 07:41 AM
How is the power and top speed with the 4 stroke?

Isn't this the same motor that Can Am is using in the DS90X? If so I have not read about anyone that is happy with its performance in stock form.

jjd223
04-04-2008, 01:51 PM
The 2 strokes seem to be inherently faster than the 4 strokes and yes i believe the Can Am DS90 has the same Aeon motor.

Robb471
04-05-2008, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by jjd223
DT

There are now a few nice performance upgrades available for the Outlaw.

Joe

Can you point me in the right direction for some good performance mods for the Outlaw 90?

Thanks

jjd223
04-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Check your PM's

Evasiveone
04-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Robb471
Can you point me in the right direction for some good performance mods for the Outlaw 90?

Thanks

Same here!!! Looking for ways to open up this engine a little. Daughter does XC on it and it has held up very well, she passes everyone in the tight stuff, but when they hit an open area, those modified 2 strokes pull away!!!

All help appreciated!

jjd223
04-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Check your PM's

ROTTY261
05-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Can I get the PM for Outlaw 90 performance stuff too? I am getting ready to sell my Daughters 07 TRX 90 so she can get the outlaw. She seems to enjoy riding the Outlaw more and wants the reverse and of course the horn...lol

snomunke
05-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Ive been on the hunt since I bought a 90 back in July for some mods but there just isnt a large selection. A good mechanic will be able to figure what generation Honda design it is. I found a guy at a place in Almont, Mi who says it might be able to go as big as 125cc or more but that cost alone is 500 bucks; then clutching, exhaust, revlimiter and so on. Look up maximumrpm.com they have a full exhaust and rev box plus more. FMF makes a slip on. If anyone has found something else please pass it on.

The Outlaw
05-15-2008, 11:21 PM
There are mods for any bike! you just gotta custom fab what you want.Here are some mods I did for my sons Outlaw 90, 1.)removed airbox lid & foam filter,added a 2" pipe about 3" long to the intake opening and put a K&N filter w/Outerware.2.)Cut stock restricted pipe! purchased a White Brothers mini R4 pipe & welded it to the stock cut pipe, also fabbed up a small piece of metal to mount it.3.)Last but not least is the most important mod to do with any intake or pipe is jetting, rejet carb go up a few main jet sizes, play with the needle position and adjust the mixture screw.These 3 mods opened up my sons 90 like CRAZY!!

http://i25.tinypic.com/ztw1aa.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/2vt9zk5.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/s24qb7.jpg

snomunke
05-21-2008, 09:55 AM
I rode the fence for a while on spending the big bucks but decided to try some budget mods. I took a hole saw and cut out the restrictor tube from spark arrestor ( this dose not retract its function as a SA). I bought a Dial-a-jet kit and their TPI air box mod. Brought the needle up to second notch from the bottom. And richened the fuel screw alot, I think 2.5 extra turns. Ive got just over a 100.00 into it and wow! what a difference. Project done! Next is suspension.

Evasiveone
05-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I put on a full exhaust by Maximumrpm.com as some have suggested. I have to say it made a much bigger difference than I expected. It made a huge difference in low end power. It now needs a new CDI because it bounces off the rev limiter like crazy now. Put in a drop in Uni filter and put some uni 1" filters in the lid so it could pull in more air and went to an 85 main jet.

It pulls the filtered/piped 2 strokes now in bottom and middle, but with the limited RPM's the 2 strokes still pull it on top end.

2old2race
08-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Here-here.
I just did this combo yesterday morning. Our friends came over with all their toys and we were blown away by how much it changed the Outlaw as compared to when we rode together last Wednesday! And, what a nice looking pipe/silencer too! I'm jealous by the way my White Bros. full exhaust looks compared to the Max RPM. lol Plus, his 90 now sounds like a 'big' quad.
The 85 main also got rid of that stumble in the idle and upon acceleration.
I didn't notice the limiter being hit though.
I have a trail that winds through 10 acres and my friend and i were laughing as my 6 year old son was lifting his left front tire as he was coming out of the woods. It wasn't much, but it is still pretty funny to see a 6 year old get that bit of a lift on the Outlaw! :p

jjd223
08-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Has anyone put the aftermarket CDI on their Outlaw ? and if so how did it perform?

Thanks

2old2race
08-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Can't tell ya. But I would be curious too!

swepred
01-20-2009, 01:26 AM
how to get more rev into the outlaw 90??
i have put om the exhoust from maximum rpm.
and i have now ordering springs for the clutch from
hetricks, but bouth hetruck, maximum rpm and hotseats performance cant deliver a hirev cdi yet, they dont have it readdy yet:(
i have a mikuni 24 mm carb , but has not mount it yet, i dont think it does much diffrent if the engine cant rev more.

anyone has ant good tips how to get more power and speed from the outlaw?

//jesper rosling sweden
www.jesperrosling.com
www.polarisracing.se