PDA

View Full Version : Front sprocket direction

mattn03
04-03-2008, 06:26 AM
I'm installing a 13T Renthal front sprocket to replace the stocker because I'm installing taller tires. The stock sprocket is marked "OUT". Which way should the Renthal face? Should I install it so the "13T" marking is facing out?

RaginRedneck
04-03-2008, 10:33 AM
I just did a sprocket swap on my mine, I didn't notice an "out" marking. However, I did notice that on one side of the sprocket there was a raised lip on both the stock and new sprocket. This raised lip went to the inside. I'm not sure if the Renthal has the same lip or not, but I would just look for similarities such as that to see which direction to go.

Good luck

hornetgod13
04-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by RaginRedneck
I did notice that on one side of the sprocket there was a raised lip on both the stock and new sprocket. This raised lip went to the inside. I'm not sure if the Renthal has the same lip or not, but I would just look for similarities such as that to see which direction to go.

My Primary Drive sprocket was the same way. I put the flat side of the sprocket on the outside to match the stock sprocket that I had removed.

mattn03
04-03-2008, 04:11 PM
That's what I was thinking-just wanting to confirm. Thanks guys.