PDA

View Full Version : rancher ES to manual shift

roach400ex
04-03-2008, 06:17 AM
just bought a 01 with es, but i need manual shift for arm injury,can anyone give me some ideas?THANKS

joebiker
04-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Well, I suspect that you have bought a model not very compatible with your problem...I hate to say it, but you probably are looking at turning over this machine and buying a manual shift model.

:(

Joebiker

reconranger
05-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I would try to somehow mount the gear selector switch on the other side. Going to make things crowded over there, and you may have to position it so it doesn't interfere with the throtle....maybe tip it up so you can use your index finger or something????

I'm no fan of ES, just because I see lots of posts all over all the forums about problems with it. Trade it in for a foot shift model if possible!!!

ctheojr450
08-12-2008, 11:29 AM
The ES ranchers come with an auxilary foot shift located in the bottom of the storage compartment. Simple take the shifter out, slide it onto the shift shaft (located on the left side of the quad) and abra cadabra foot shifter!

warrior-p
09-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Check to see if there is a manual arm located on the bottom right of the crankcase. This is in case the es sticks. You can take a 12mm socket on the output shaft and manual shift it. With a little enginuity, you can possibly make it work. I know a Honda 450es has one.