PDA

View Full Version : Baffle In Exhaust

dirtycarl
04-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Tonight we did the whole "pink wire" mod, and I have a question about the baffle in the exhaust. Along with cutting the wire and removing the air box cover, we just unbolted the three screws around the exhaust tip and slid out the screened piece. I call this screened piece a spark arrestor, is this the same piece that everyone else calls the baffle? I couldn't find or see anything else in the exhaust that could be unbolted or removed.

And just to add my two cents about the mod...my buddy and I both noticed a small but noticeable performance gain. Nothing earth shattering, but not bad for about an hour of tinkering. The slightly throatier sound of the exhaust was worth it alone.

ScottB125
04-03-2008, 07:19 AM
That is what I did with mine. I noticed a tad bit more low-end torque.

It does sound better IMO also!

I want more topend with mine....it seems to level off and die up top.

wzito001
04-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes, that is what everyone is referring to. I removed the airbox cover and the baffle as soon as I got it. The other day I washed the quad and had put the airbox cover back on. The next day I went for a ride and forgot I had it on there. While I was riding, it was such a difference I thought something was wrong with the quad! When I got home I realized I had the cover on and was relieved. Too me it was a big difference in performance and sound.

However, today I am receiving my pipe (Motoworks SR4 Full system) and Velocity filter. I am pretty fired up to bolt it all on and check it out. In preparation I got to the "pink" wire last night and cut it, have not ridden yet, I want to get the pipe and filter on first.