PDA

View Full Version : dr d dubach racing exhaust reviews ?

qmurder24
04-02-2008, 08:54 PM
any one have any feedback on the full dubach racing exhaust system. will be using it on a 08 with an hrc kit.

Sjorge450R
04-03-2008, 07:15 PM
not to sound rude, but i dont understand what people dont understand.

Rossier, DASA, and Sparks are the best exhaust and teh Rossier is the cheapest (right about 400 for the system). I dont see why people wanna run other systems that cost more money and arent as good as the "top 3"

roundsy
04-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
not to sound rude, but i dont understand what people dont understand.

Rossier, DASA, and Sparks are the best exhaust and teh Rossier is the cheapest (right about 400 for the system). I dont see why people wanna run other systems that cost more money and arent as good as the "top 3"

good used deal maybe, i'm not sure?...i agree with you and that's why i'm going the dasa route but there are people who stick to certain brands and other factors that cause people not to buy one of the top three.

qmurder24
04-03-2008, 09:14 PM
i hear ya, dr d makes killer systems for mx bikes, one of the best available they are very durable easy to work on and have a quiet kit that gets it to 94 db when re packed. i ride the oregon dunes a couple times a year and dont like getting hassled.

i dont want this to get out of hand here but....dont forget where the engine in your 450r started (in a mx bike) seems like bike exhaust companies would have an upper hand? there is a long list of companies that have big r&d budgets and contracts with the factory's racing bikes like pro circuit, fmf, yoshi, akrapovic, white bros, dubach etc... now with that in mind what is so great about rossier, dasa and sparks? if they were so great kevin windham would be fitting a dasa on his bike?

Nick110
04-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by qmurder24
i hear ya, dr d makes killer systems for mx bikes, one of the best available they are very durable easy to work on and have a quiet kit that gets it to 94 db when re packed. i ride the oregon dunes a couple times a year and dont like getting hassled.

i dont want this to get out of hand here but....dont forget where the engine in your 450r started (in a mx bike) seems like bike exhaust companies would have an upper hand? there is a long list of companies that have big r&d budgets and contracts with the factory's racing bikes like pro circuit, fmf, yoshi, akrapovic, white bros, dubach etc... now with that in mind what is so great about rossier, dasa and sparks? if they were so great kevin windham would be fitting a dasa on his bike?

They are so great because DYNOs dont lie. They have been proven to produce more power than the other exhaust companies. Dasa, Rossier, and Sparks are all strictly quad exhausts so that might be a reason Bikes dont use them.

Chino886
04-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by qmurder24
i ride the oregon dunes a couple times a year and dont like getting hassled.

You don't want to get the DASA, Rossier, or Sparks if noise is a concern for you.

Just a heads up!

They make the most power on the 450Rs but they are not quiet.

qmurder24
04-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
They are so great because DYNOs dont lie. They have been proven to produce more power than the other exhaust companies. Dasa, Rossier, and Sparks are all strictly quad exhausts so that might be a reason Bikes dont use them.

i dont plan to ride on a DYNO or drag race, i would trade usable power for peak numbers or what looks good on a dyno. excessive spikes, hits or peak numbers in the power band produce wheel spin. i get that those are quad exhaust companies thats my point, if there so much better than everybody else they would be taking over the bike scene too.

thanks for the feed back, how noisy we talking? i run some of the worcs race's they are tight about 99db and some (hollister) i think is 96db. ama legal for racing is 99db if those guys pull 5 extra hp on a dyno but are 104db it doesnt matter i can't run them.

db on dasa's new setup?
http://www.wppracing.com/images/Copy%20of%20WPP%20POST%20IT.JPG

Sjorge450R
04-05-2008, 11:19 AM
dasa is down to i believe 97 with that setup. Rossier with the supertrapp endcap setup (i run occasionaly) Drops it down somewhere below 99 not sure how far, but its below. It actually creates more HP as well.

Oh and the reason Rossier and Dasa doesnt break into the bike work is probaly because they are too focused on perfecting the quad setups. Plus, Rossier is a pretty well known company when it comes to PWC's

qmurder24
04-05-2008, 02:18 PM
thanks for the helpful information! i will look into the dasa system.