PDA

View Full Version : Dual Rate rear springs

Joecool1264
04-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I got some dual rate front springs from GT Thunder for my 450r shocks that I'm running on my 400EX (love'em). No more mad spider front end. What about rear dual rate spring for a stock shock? Who makes them? Are they worth it? I have a lowering strut in the rear, I'm leaning towards a new XC linkage GT or maybe? Whats the hot set-up for XC racing and hard trail riding? I'm asking for advice, instead for re-inventing the wheel. Thanks in advance.

TRXRacer1
04-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Joecool1264
I got some dual rate front springs from GT Thunder for my 450r shocks that I'm running on my 400EX (love'em). No more mad spider front end. What about rear dual rate spring for a stock shock? Who makes them? Are they worth it? I have a lowering strut in the rear, I'm leaning towards a new XC linkage GT or maybe? Whats the hot set-up for XC racing and hard trail riding? I'm asking for advice, instead for re-inventing the wheel. Thanks in advance. Before you installed the strut did you try adjusting the sag, compression and rebound? If so where were you at? I've noticed a lot of people don't set enough sag on these rears before they start buying parts. IDK if that's the case, just curious.

400exMO
04-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I've got a C@D rear zps dual rate rebuilt stocker and love it. Contact them they can give you all the info you want.

Joecool1264
04-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Yup. I took all the preload out of the rear. It was still tall. The strut helped, I just didn't know about the link, or the dual rate springs or what. Thanks I'm thinking the dual rate rear is the way to go.

quad9
04-07-2008, 07:38 PM
i have an dual rate rear on mine. it has about 4" of sag. and rides great.