PDA

View Full Version : e-series pipe CAN ANYBODY HELP!?

Holty
11-05-2001, 09:23 PM
I just ordered a White Bros. E-series pipe(just the silencer, took peoples advice to leave stock header) K&N filter and jet kit. I believe the pipe comes with 6-discs(not sure, correct me if i'm wrong). I ordered another 6-extra discs to make 12 total. 12 is what "dirt wheels magazine" used to do the pipe test on the 400's in a issue a few months back. They said it was the best pipe out of a bunch they tested. Anyway, I do plan on running with no air box lid. My question is: Will this give me the LOW END & mid range I"m looking for? My 1992 Warrior has better low end than my 400 :(. I find myself riding in first gear ALL the time now because second does not have any power down low where I need it. I"m very satisfied with the top end on my bike since I don't ride very fast and only ride in trails etc. If 12 discs is not correct, how hany discs should I be using?? I can't really find ANY info. on the disc systems on the the e-series pipes and how they work, or how many you should have, or what exactly they do????????? I hope anybody with knowledge and experience with the e-series reads this and helps me out. PLEASE HELP! Thanks

Alberta EX
11-06-2001, 12:21 AM
This is from the WB web site, pretty helpfull, its under "techical information"http://www.whitebros.com/offman/TRX400EXMan.pdf

Holty
11-06-2001, 06:51 AM
Alberta EX,

thanks for your help. I've looked all over WB's website and never thought to look into the tech info. page. thanks

How do you like your 14tooth sproket? Do the lower gears tach out too quick now? Is it worth getting to help out with the low end and mid range power? thanks

krazykurtk
11-06-2001, 11:42 AM
I have a WB E-series on my quad. It came with 12 disks. I farted around with taking a couple out to see if I noticed a difference. I really couldn't tell. I also checked my spark plug to see if removing disks made it run richer. Again I didn't really notice anything. Even though it is a tune-able system, the tuning is very fine.

Holty
11-06-2001, 11:54 AM
thanks for all the help :)

400exRacerX
11-06-2001, 01:43 PM
I have one too and I run it will no spark arrestor (blank disk) making it a free flowing exhuast. Go to my review on the white brothers silencer, http://www.exriders.com/reviews/wbpipe.shtml

11-06-2001, 05:08 PM
im curious about how the pipe runs and sounds without the end disk? does it show any loss or gain in the power band? is it any louder, does it still sound really low and throaty? i cant decide between white bros(mid and top end) or T4( low and mid range)

keep it real:devil

---------------
a real tight 400

RIKR4X
11-06-2001, 05:13 PM
DID YOU HAVE TO REJET? THE SIGHT SAYS NOT TO,BUT I TALK TO SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO SAY PUT IN A 155 MAIN.

Alberta EX
11-06-2001, 11:50 PM
Holty

Along with the 14t sprocket I have a little taller tire than the stock ones, 22" Maxxis, so by dropping a tooth and adding a taller tire it might work out pretty close to the stock gearing

Holty
11-07-2001, 07:26 AM
I also am running a little taller tire. Which i guess is not helping any? I have ITP Holeshot XC 20-11-9 in rear. Side by side next to the stock tires, they are about an inch taller in height and a littler wider. Are you saying dropping a tooth on the front sprocket will gear it better for more low end in 2nd gear(which is what I would prefer to use most of the time for hillclimbs, trails etc.)

400exRacerX
11-07-2001, 11:55 AM
With no spark arrestor (end disc) it is extremely loud and is for closed coarse racing only due to no spark arrestor.

11-07-2001, 02:41 PM
i know its gonna be loud and have no spark arrester but i mean did you notice anyhting power wise? like did it give it mor low end, mid, top?

keep it real:devil

Alberta EX
11-07-2001, 08:22 PM
Holty

With your slightly taller tires, dropping one tooth on the front will make more bottom end torque and take a little off the top end speed, personally the top end does not hurt my type of riding here and its nice to have even more bottom end torque!!!

Holty
11-08-2001, 07:44 PM
thanks for all the help!! looks like a new sprocket it is!!!!!!

it will have to wait though.....my g/f is getting very jealous of my new quad. i've spent wayyyyy too much money on it lately.

i got new skidplates, exhaust, shock covers, k&N power kit, park brake block off, rims & tires ....etc......the list goes on. lol