PDA

View Full Version : Gas leaking

bananas
04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Is was happening.
2006 4500er I have gas pouring out when the petcock is on or on res. It's coming out of small hose that is connected to the right side of the card.

Now after I tap the carburetor and shook the quad now the gas stop coming out where it was and now it's coming out of the left side back hose on the carburetor. The screw is tight for the carduretor drain..

any ideas????

jshtex
04-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Your float is stuck or there is trash in the needle and seat holding it open.

sunco
04-03-2008, 06:38 AM
You now have to clean the carb. remove the gas tank & all other items in the way. I took mine out of both the front & back boots so I could have 100 excess to cleaning it. sprayed w/ carb cleaner check to make sure it was good to go & put it all back together. Problem solved - just a pain. Mines and 07. Good luck

beany
04-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Most likely a stuck float valve. Kind of a pain to get the carb out but easy to fix. Might as well clean out the whole carb once you have it out. Good maintance before the riding seaon.

bananas
04-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Pulling it tonight... Thanks guys..

bananas
04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
FIXED BUT....

I pulled the carb cleaned everything, pulled the jet clean and used can air too. Put it all back together and tried it the gas STILL LEAKING. So I started it up with the pet cock off.. still was leaking. Started it up and ran it to the gas was gone. Turned the gas on and I was shocked no leaking!!! Ran it for 10 minutes went up and down the driveway and all is good.

I guess the with the motor running it help clean the rest out...

Thanks for the help ....

sunco
04-04-2008, 09:11 PM
u cleaned it w/ air? Carb cleaner is the perferred method. Just keep an eye on it. cause if it leaks while your riding it could start a fire or leave you stranded because you have no gas.