PDA

View Full Version : 250x wont shift thru all gears

bdgt250x
04-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Hey i just tore my whole engine down, transmission and everything, and now am begining to bolt it back together. Ive put the cases back together following the manual step by step, put the clutch, flywheel and all that stuff back on and went to run it through the gears just to make sure everything was in order, using the kickstarter to turn it over.

Heres the problem, it seems like its stuck in the top 3 gears (3, 4, & 5) and it will not downshift any further. Also, i cannot find neutral, so im pretty sure im not in the lower gears. I know i assmebled the transmissing correctly and i alligned the shift forks and made sure they were in the correct groves in the shifter drum. Now Im stuck and am about to actually take it somewhere, which i kinda dont want to do. So if any one has any solutions or suggestions, id really appreciate it.
Thanks!

Bill Lemans
04-07-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm not a big trans guy , but i ra into a similar issue reassembling a cr80r. If I remember correctly i had lined up the shifter plate part of the assembly wrong but the forks were right. Lost the low gears. Readjusted and was fine.
Still not sure how i did that:ermm:

roadthrills
04-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I remember going through something like that when I put my 250x together. If I remember right a couple of the gears look very similar and I had them in the wrong places, or upside down, or something. Look at the blow-up in the manual and thoroughly examine the assembly piece by piecs. You're bound to find something out of place.