PDA

View Full Version : 440 idle gear for sale

400exrider_88
04-02-2008, 12:22 PM
got an idle gear that will fit any cannondale just not an fx400, i dont think. i hear they usually cost 80. sell mine for $60 obo. great condition, came out of low hour 03 cannibal. may be able to sell a counterbalancer too

witech
04-02-2008, 01:36 PM
OK Ill bite .. Whats an idle gear? Interested in the counterbalncer if the shaft drive is not bent.

400exrider_88
04-03-2008, 08:51 AM
im not an expert on the motors, personally i think there design is retarded, i bought a roller with a blown motor, and bought this part to fix it. the idle gear connects to the counterbalance shaft. not sure about the counterbalancer because i sold this cannondale i had and got the part in the mail after i sold it, so im not sure if he wants the part or not.

jacobw
04-03-2008, 09:05 AM
hmm i am not exactly sure what you are talking about either but I think you mean the drive gear for the counter balancer, actually the cannondale engine design is a mechanics dream much simpler than splitting cases and the funtionality is excellent i am going back to a dale or atk soon as I get the money

400exrider_88
04-03-2008, 10:15 AM
yeah, id love to have a cdale, ive never seen an engine designed like that, your probably right about it being better to work on. they have pretty badass frames too.

witech
04-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Is the gear in the top middle of the pic what you have? I just won all this stuff in the pic off ebay for $5.50 but if you have a good drive gear and counterbalance shaft that isnt bent I will make you a decent offer for it.

As far as working on the engines go the biggest pain is having to pull the engine to do any kind of work on them. But once you figure out how to do that in an hour or less the engines are quite user friendly on the bench.