PDA

View Full Version : LTE Duals

Hondahillbilly
04-02-2008, 09:01 AM
I was reading an old thread about a guy who wanted this exhaust. I fall into that same category. What I don't understand is the performance at the top end and low end. What does that mean?

04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I'd guess with a duel system the torque would be at the bottom end as the headders will in effect be longer. (more low end power).

In reality I doubt the average rider would ever notice the difference in torque.

Hondahillbilly
04-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Alright. But what is high end then? And how can different exhaust i guess have more power at the low end and some have more at the high end?

Rip_Tear
04-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Actually you'll be gaining top end. If you don't already have a fairly worked quad the duals are a waste, unless you are trying to make a quieter quad (I don't know if the LTE is tunable though).

With dual exhaust you allow the engine to breath out easier, so at higher RPM's when the motor really needs to get rid of that exhaust it will be much easier having the dual pipes to go through. Breathing out easier isn't any good if your ATV can't breath in just as easy, carb/airbox, as well as it needing to do that stuff, bigbores use that extra air and gas and need to get rid of it.

Hondahillbilly
04-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Ok. Well I bought an 04 last weekend. It is completely stock because the guy never rode it. I'm not competitor really at all I just like to run around the trails but I liked the way the duals looked. What would you suggest I do to get more use of the exhaust system then if I were to purchase it?