PDA

View Full Version : HRC airbox lid

red-sox2007
04-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I was just wondering if anyone might know where i could get a HRC airbox lid for a 05 trx450r ? I need one bad !!!!!! Thanks

bananas
04-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Honda should have that lid or go EHS air box covetrs or Outerwares.

http://www.ehsracing.com/

jlhughes750
04-04-2008, 08:58 AM
mod the stock lid....... lay it flat, cut around the back edge, heat in the middle with a torch or heat gun and fold it down to keep debris off the filter.........I cut them with a rotozip side cuttung bit.

the Z Man
04-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I have one for 25 shipped, real nice, pic tonight if you need one.
Paypal me and I can ship it tonight.
bobcatrojo@aol.com

the Z Man
04-04-2008, 06:29 PM
here it is.

xtremexcrider2
04-16-2008, 07:21 PM
i hope you have some mods done my friend has an o6 and we put my hrc lid on it and he about killed hiself on a jump it just fell on its face when he gave it any gas. just an helpful hint.

klutch
04-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by xtremexcrider2
i hope you have some mods done my friend has an o6 and we put my hrc lid on it and he about killed hiself on a jump it just fell on its face when he gave it any gas. just an helpful hint.

I am almost positive the jetting was off so bogging was occuring throughout the ride?

d3ktrix
04-16-2008, 08:14 PM

Helps when u rejet them first =)

pro-rider46
04-16-2008, 08:27 PM
^^^LOL^^^

Rich250RRacer
04-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by red-sox2007
I was just wondering if anyone might know where i could get a HRC airbox lid for a 05 trx450r ? I need one bad !!!!!! Thanks

I was looking to buy one too. I checked with my parts supplier and got the price on an HRC lid. I almost passed out. If I remember correctly, just the lid with out the flap was around $80. You can get a new stock lid for about $10 and follow the cut lines. You would need to buy the flap if you wanted it, but this will save you some money. I wasn't giving anybody $70 extra to do something I can do myself.

xtremexcrider2
04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by klutch
I am almost positive the jetting was off so bogging was occuring throughout the ride?
I did rejet it with a 128 like they called for, and the said just to remove the snorkel and that was all not the whole lid

d3ktrix
04-17-2008, 07:59 PM
I did rejet it with a 128 like they called for, and the said just to remove the snorkel and that was all not the whole lid

You totally removed the entire snorkel?
That leaves a pretty big hole in the front of the air box. You'd need much larger then a 128MJ.
It's probably a comparable hole to the size of the one in the HRC lid.

red-sox2007
04-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Hey, just to let everyone know, i have a airbox lid now -- Thank you --- the Z Man. Part looks great. But now i need to rejet. Can someone get me close on what size jet i might need? I have a Titanium 4 pipe with a powerbomb header, open airbox lid, uni air filter. Starts fine, but is flat when i get on it. Thanks for the help.

tjar66
04-18-2008, 05:19 PM
The HRC kit comes with the cam needle and a 180 main

04'400ex'er
04-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by red-sox2007
Hey, just to let everyone know, i have a airbox lid now -- Thank you --- the Z Man. Part looks great. But now i need to rejet. Can someone get me close on what size jet i might need? I have a Titanium 4 pipe with a powerbomb header, open airbox lid, uni air filter. Starts fine, but is flat when i get on it. Thanks for the help. Dude just keep going up a size at a time on the main jet until the bike starts to run right. Then do a plug check. Simple as that. ;)

TheNewn
04-19-2008, 01:39 AM
I personally think starting lean and working less lean is a dumb way to jet. It would be better to start rich and work your way down. Much less risk on the motor.

04'400ex'er
04-19-2008, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by TheNewn
I personally think starting lean and working less lean is a dumb way to jet. It would be better to start rich and work your way down. Much less risk on the motor. Taking the lid off an air box, given the quad was previously jetted correctly, is not going to make enough difference to cause any harm to your engine.

Many people add or remove their air box lids all the time to compensate for temperature or elevation changes, and also because they may just not know any better, and never harm their engines.

It will not hurt anything in his situation whatsoever to just simply richen the main jet a size or two until his bike runs better. Why go through the trouble to guess on a larger main, then begin working down on such a minimal modification?