PDA

View Full Version : Rear Shock

frenimy
04-01-2008, 11:28 PM
My rear shock is worn out and I want to know what my options are? I have heard the stock rear is a good unit if revalved and sprung for my weight. Can you buy aftermarket shocks that are pre sprung for my weight. I am kinda a heavy guy and am looking for a smooth ride. I ride woods desert and dunes but never MX. Any help or input would be great thanks

04-01-2008, 11:56 PM
When you buy after market shocks they valve them and spring them set up for your weight and riding style. If you want to keep the stock rear shock TCS can rebuild it just as good as a aftermarket shock set up for your weight and riding style and it would be SSD.

frenimy
04-02-2008, 06:30 AM
What is SSD? and what would be a good company to go with for rear shock I have Fox Floats in the front and only want to spend 300 or less on a rear shock.

dustin_j
04-02-2008, 10:04 AM
SSD stands for "self sagging device" it is a small spring (always top spring) that is compressed when the quad is sitting. This is used to get sag and lower ride height. Talk to Colby at C&D racing about your rear shock. He's a great guy to work with!