PDA

View Full Version : Anybody who has has a Roll LOBO

beak7707
04-01-2008, 09:08 PM
I need to know how you mount the air box. My frame is currently running the stock air box and air boots, and as far as I know it has always been that way. But I removed the reed spacer, because its a pc2000 motor and duncan told me to get rid of it, now my air boot is coming up short. I called duncan and they told me I need to fab up an air boot and move the air box to the back of the frame and zip tie it on. I dont see why it has the tabs welded on the frame for the stock box if I cant run it that way. Anybody else had to deal with this or have any suggestions?

04-02-2008, 07:10 AM
I have a Lobo and wondered the same thing when I mounted the airbox to the tabs on the subframe and the boot had no chance in hell of clearing the no link Axis shock. When I bought the Lobo it had a spacer tube behind the carb that the boot clamped to so it pushed the boot and the airbox back to clear the shock. When I put it back together I'll probably use an LT500 boot and zip tie the airbox to the subframe. If you point the hump in the boot upwards it clears the shock nicely. I think that's as good as she's gonna get.

beak7707
04-02-2008, 11:38 AM
That sounds about like what Duncan was saying. I cant figure out the point of the tabs if you cant use them. My air boot isnt hitting the shock everythint is just coming up short. I have about 1/2 inch gap I need to fill from intake to carb, and duncan told me not to put the reed spacer in there.

Rip_Tear
04-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Does it run fine with the reed spacer? If it does run the reed spacer... If the spacer is the problem get a longer air boot, or a piece of piping to extend the air boot from the air box, or carb side.

04-02-2008, 01:59 PM
That's what mine had, the extended piece between the boot and the carb. Are you running a stock 250R airbox on your Lobo?

beak7707
04-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Yes I am running the stock box, mounted to the mounts Roll put on the frame. It run fine with the reed spacer and I'm sure the previous owners ran it that way. But Duncan says DO NOT use reed spacers with there motors, so I was gonna get rid of it. I dont know where to get a longer air boot. I might look into the piece of pipe to extend it out. Anybody done this, if so what did you use?

matt250r21
04-03-2008, 07:07 AM
I would be more concered about the air boot seal to the motor then Duncan telling you not to run a reed spacer. How about running the reed spacer in front of the reed cage?. Now it is a intake boot spacer, not a reed spacer. Sounds to me like your air box boot may have shrunk over time. If you can get a new OEM one it may solve you problem. I have a new one still in plastic and it is 8 1/4 inches long. How long is you air boot?

04-03-2008, 07:09 AM
With the airbox mounted on the tabs the shock will probably smash the hell out of it when you ride. Mount it all up and push the rear end down and you'll see what I mean. It's pretty close to the shock.

Flyin_250r
04-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Id look a little deeper into the LT500 airboot to see how much of a difference itll make up. I have an lsr build started and im having the same problem. Im going to try an LT500 boot and it should make up the difference.

beak7707
04-03-2008, 01:35 PM
matt250r21 I'll check the lenght of my boot, I was thinking that myself. Can anybody tell me how long a LT500 boot is?? 8686 yes it is mounted to the stock location but it isnt a problem. I pulld the shock down to full bottom and nothing hits. I think this must have been a problem on the LSR frames, not Roll. There are two other members on here running the box in stock location with no problems. However they have CT motors and are running reed spacers. Doug Roll is supposed to call me and give me some insight on it.

beak7707
04-03-2008, 05:42 PM
8686 I sent you a pm. Does anybody know how long the Lt500 boot is?

beak7707
04-12-2008, 08:30 PM
How about running the reed spacer in front of the reed cage?. Now it is a intake boot spacer, not a reed spacer.

Has anybody tried this, will it work fine??

Master LTR450
04-13-2008, 10:03 AM
beak i was curious does your lobo have the gullwing swingarm?

beak7707
04-13-2008, 12:40 PM
No it is the straight style. I believe mine was one year before the gull wing swinger.