PDA

View Full Version : Is this guy screwing with me?

300EXrider356
04-01-2008, 09:05 PM
A man just won my auction for a set of 400EX shocks, this is the E-MAil he sent me..

Michael,

It doesnt look like you will be able to get back with me before I leave work for the day. I only have access to a computer at work so I will ask you what I was hoping you would be able to do for me.

I really need the shocks for this coming weekend, but my direct deposit will not be in my account until Friday morning. I wanted to ask if you could ship the shocks to me C.O.D. priority mail so that I would have them by the weekend. I can pay cash for the shocks to the postman when he delivers them. They will not deliver them unless I pay for them, so you can be assured that you would get your money, it would just take a few additional days.

I am a very honest and fair person, you can check my feedback on ebay, and I will give you both my home number and my cell number. Home (270)886-2867 Cell (270) 331-0362. My address is:

Steve Roark
375 Martin Place
Hopkinsville, KY

I will also pay any additional fees that are required to ship C.O.D. priority mail.

If you dont feel comfortable with doing this I completely understand and I will just pay you via paypal on Friday morning.
Just give me a call later on my cell or let me know via email if you will be willing to ship so that I can have the shocks to use for an upcoming race this weekend while Im at home.

Thanks for your time.

Steve Roark

This guy has a perfect feedback rating from 130 different people on E-Bay, I just dont want to get screwed out of my $476.01 lol:chinese:

klutch
04-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Dude i think it seems ok. He has sent you all his info. Most "scammers" i don't think would send all the entire info. If you don't feel right about just call him up.

Pappy
04-01-2008, 09:22 PM
shipping cod is one of the safest ways to get your money! just make sure you state you will not accept a check, only a money order etc

WhiteYFZ
04-01-2008, 09:28 PM
he sounds legit, if he has good feedback, then dont worry about it, he prob just wants to get the shocks so he can ride over the weekend.

espo

300EXrider356
04-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I think I'm going to go ahead and ship them to him, doing COD. Thanks for all the help guys!

Kickstarts-suck
04-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ
he sounds legit, if he has good feedback, then dont worry about it, he prob just wants to get the shocks so he can ride over the weekend.

espo

I agree.