PDA

View Full Version : Help me with a track layout please!

Flyin-Low
04-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey guys.. I'm gonna' be building a sick practice track as soon as the ground thaws and I need some help. We'll be getting a bulldozer and my buddy will be bringing down a bobcat so we'll be able to build pretty much anything.

I've got five acres of flat field to work with, so I was wondering if you could post up pictures of nice jumps, tracks, corners and maybe some rough dimensions so I can get an idea of what to build?

I'm not afraid to jump so I wouldn't mind some good sized ones in there.

Thanks for the help!

the Z Man
04-01-2008, 10:04 PM
I have a lay out my son drew, I will get apicture of it tomorrow and post it, its just a rough draft but I think you will like it...

WILSONatv
04-02-2008, 12:04 AM
5 arce of what rolling hills, mountains, or flat it really depends on what you have to work with.

Rip_Tear
04-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low

I've got five acres of flat field to work with,
Wilsonatv, try reading the post...

I've got too many pic's, but their all from this site, here's a table I always thought looked crazy.

Flyin-Low
04-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Damn that table does look sick.. A bit on the huge side though :D

Anyone else with some plans?

250r rider 88
04-02-2008, 05:00 PM
seriously i could draw these all day long and never have any that look the same i did htis in about 5 minutes follow the key and to clarify the jump over the start is 40+ feet much like what kevin windham designed for supercross earlier this year. just get out a piece of paper and go for it i did this in paint and ive done more detailed ones that actually show how the rythm section layout is just have fun and design something challenging and fun at the same time and you will have a great track also if you like tabletops just replace those where a triple or double is:devil:

Flyin-Low
04-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
seriously i could draw these all day long and never have any that look the same i did htis in about 5 minutes follow the key and to clarify the jump over the start is 40+ feet much like what kevin windham designed for supercross earlier this year. just get out a piece of paper and go for it i did this in paint and ive done more detailed ones that actually show how the rythm section layout is just have fun and design something challenging and fun at the same time and you will have a great track also if you like tabletops just replace those where a triple or double is:devil:

Uhh.. I hope that drawing is a joke.

250r rider 88
04-02-2008, 06:38 PM
hey you asked and for five minutes free handed(moused) in paint it aint that bad you want more details it takes longer :ermm:

Rootar
04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
here is the newest stuff at my house

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD7WjrcWZ9A

all my other videos of all the different ways my track used to be can be found here
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rootar

and since im crippled and on leave from work i figured i would go over there today and change another section, here is the what me and z400rider08 thought up, i had to go real slow and easy on the tractor so not to jar me around but i did get it done, sorry the picture is blurry its from my video camera, my brother and dad are at Mud Nationals and they have the camera.

the new up hill and downhill :D

Rootar
04-02-2008, 06:58 PM
different angle

a flat field is pretty boring to make a track on so make some interresting things like step on step offs are fun, make two lines running right along side each other so you have to choose when you come out of the corner and make the landing and jumps safe, (well atleast at first). and make it fun for YOU build anything you can think up

trx400EXtreme
04-02-2008, 09:21 PM
heres the layout i made in like 5 mins on paint of my track. got every thing done but the jumps. it's kinda small but it's all i had to work with, most of our 5 acres is a pond and woods. yea i know it's ghetto:p .

Flyin-Low
04-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Thank you Rootar! That's exactly what I was looking for. I like that jump at 00:23 in the first video..

I'll be getting a bulldozer so we'll be able to move a lot of land and maybe make some step ups and stuff.. MAN I CAN'T WAIT! lol

roundsy
04-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Martin when do ya think you'll have yours built? I'm hoping mine will be done by April 26th if the weather permits, then we'll have to get together and try each other's new layouts :p ...oh and I got my new LT shocks last night!!! :D

jesseweaver
04-03-2008, 07:36 PM
idk if this helps at all but this is a track that a bunch of kids made that i go riding at. its more of a supercross track for bikes, high berms, high jumps and huge jumps but quads can still hit everything.

heres the layout, ill try to get some pics of the track up sometime

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/1999_416ex/aa.jpg

jesseweaver
04-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Rootar, wow thats a sweet track. i remember seeing pictures and stuff of your track like half a year ago and it really improved. seems like its getting better every weekend almost. i would love to have something like that at my house

Flyin-Low
04-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by roundsy
Martin when do ya think you'll have yours built? I'm hoping mine will be done by April 26th if the weather permits, then we'll have to get together and try each other's new layouts :p ...oh and I got my new LT shocks last night!!! :D

I have no idea.. Hopefully soon! We're just trying to figure out the cheapest way to get a bulldozer over here now, my dad has lots of experience on one but he doesn't know if it will be cheaper to rent or to hire someone.

Oh, and about those shocks. My track will have a rule: No one is allowed on with nicer suspension than me :devil: j/k lol

John Rogers
04-30-2008, 10:19 AM
What no swing arm braking,skid plate removing rocks.It must be nice,In north east pa all we have is rocks.Even the flat tracks have gonies.Race hard.melvsZ

Flyin-Low
04-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah I have NO rocks around here, never have to worry bout even running skid plates :D

Benjithx
04-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Here is the StuntCock Test track :huh

Just a tri-oval with some hits in the middle.

Wills77
05-01-2008, 10:05 AM
heres a vid of one of my practice tracks that i built when i was 15...im currently building another track at a differ spot on my property that is all up hills and down hills

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gaN2IPyfRCY

Wills77
05-01-2008, 10:07 AM
and heres a 100+ft step up that i had on my old track... the first one is me the 2nd is my bro

<a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=8733671">100+ ft step up...</a><br><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="all" height="346" width="430" data="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="all" />
<param name="movie" value="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" />
<param name="flashvars" value="m=8733671&v=2&type=video" />
</object>..