PDA

View Full Version : Air-box help

Honda4life05
04-01-2008, 08:07 PM
I recently removed my air-box lid and i went an rode around a bit an it was a little loud for where i ride. i have a q2 pipe on it an thats about as loud as i want it. can i drill a hole or holes in the air-box to make it a little quieter? will it still get alot of air? an what do u guys do when you wash your quad if you have ur air-box removed, or have holes in it?

the Z Man
04-01-2008, 10:07 PM
You can actually run with no lid, you might want to jump up on the main jet..
When you wash it, wash the filter too then give it a good cleaning, you should clean your filter about everytime you ride anyways..

JohnT_98300EX
04-02-2008, 04:49 AM
With my Q2 installed I went to a 128 main jet and used 6 Uni filter vents in the air box lid. Works great.

Honda4life05
04-04-2008, 11:15 AM
but can i make it any quieter by just drilling holes in the lid becaouse with it all the way off it it a little to loud.

bwamos
04-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Airbox lid shouldn't affect the volume.
It may have a bit more twang to it because you're going to be running a bit lean.

Yes you can punch a few 1"dia holes into the lid. Then if you want it sealed just tape over them with electrical tape.

If you run w/ punched lid or no lid make sure to remove the drain plug from the bottom of the airbox to give any water that splashes in somewhere to run out.

honda300EXtreme
04-04-2008, 06:59 PM
heres a trick i always use to avoid soaking your filter when you wash the quad,

take a grocery bag, and put your air box lid in it, then snap the air box lid back on and ther ya go no more water,

if you dont want to run with no lid,

you can drill some holes, run those uni air box vents, or get a lid from EHS,

2muchquad
04-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Airbox lid shouldn't affect the volume.

On my quad it is definately louder without the airbox lid.Its night and day difference at idle without it.Maybe because mine is a big bore the stock airbox is no longer sufficient size wise,who knows but its not even :confused: