PDA

View Full Version : 400ex carb question (not a jetting ?)

sprayedgt
04-01-2008, 06:16 PM
I just got my '08 400ex back from the dealer after having the 1st service performed. Whoa those valves were getting LOUD!! Anyway, I was looking it over in the garage and noticed a hose that I know was not there before. It was just hanging by the fuel shut off valve pinched by the body and frame. I found the other end of it hanging between the swing arm and frame and I know Honda would not have engineered any lines to be in those places. The one line has a t-fitting coming from the carb and the other comes out of the carb below the choke control. I blew air into one end and it comes out the other. What are these and where should they normally be?

sprayedgt
04-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Here's one of them. The one below the wires with the green marking on it, goes to the carb at the bottom right.

sprayedgt
04-01-2008, 06:20 PM
And here's the other one with the t-fitting.

kolby2004
04-01-2008, 06:33 PM
The one hose in the 1st pic if a fuel overflow hose. when you turn the screw right by the top of the hose. That is what dains the fuel from the carb. it comes out of the hose. The one with the T valve in it is just an intake. its so dirt dosent get sucked right into the carb. i lost mine and they want 40 dollars plus at my dealer to get me new hoses with T valve. If you dont want it I will buy it from you. haha

sprayedgt
04-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Ok cool thanks. I guess the guy just forgot to put them back where they came from. I'll just tuck them out of the way before I put the body back on. Oh BTW you can get t-fittings like that from just about any auto parts store. Might not be the same as OE, but it'll work the same way.

GPracer2500
04-02-2008, 06:39 PM
The t-hose is suppose to be routed up over the top of the carb and down the other side. See that little black sleeve around that other hose running over the top of the carb? The t-hose slips into that sleeve to keep it in place. The end just hangs free down the far side.

400sEXridr
04-02-2008, 08:07 PM
on the hose with the t fitting it gets routed over the top of the carb like GPracer said, but theres a hole in the fuel tank "heat sheild" (for lack of better word) that sticks out a little bit the end just sits in there

sprayedgt
04-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah I was looking at the sleeve that's on the other hose and I figured it routed back that way. It just fit too perfectly not to. I appreciate the help guys. I'm sure I'll need some more help when I put the 450R carb, full yoshimura carbon fiber exhaust, and sparks key advance on later this week:D