View Full Version : My Project Titan Build...

54warrior
04-01-2008, 06:22 AM
After several months of blood and sweat, my project Titan is finally complete. It has been an absolute joy working on this truck. My plan started way back in June of last year when I stumbled across a wrecked Titan in the local paper. This thing was pretty messed up and because of that, I decide to attempt something which had not been tried before: a regular cab, short bed version of the Titan. My goal was for it to be a ‘factory’ appearing type of vehicle. A 4x4 RC-SWB so to speak.

The truck had been rear ended, and the frame was severely tweaked, which is why it had been totaled. I decided to just chop off the rear of the frame and build an entire new rear ‘subframe’ if you will. I found a used bed on ebay and after some serious tweaking and massaging of the cab, I was able to morph this one time Crew Cab model into a Regular Cab. I won’t even go into detail regarding the wiring, it was a major undertaking, as I’m not that confident with all things electrical. So far though, it’s been working fine, including the power sliding rear window.

Once the body and framework were complete, it was now time to focus on the drivetrain. Fortunately, the motor and transmission were unhurt from the previous collision, however the rearend, along with the driveshaft had been pushed forward. Those two components were also in OK shape, however the damaged the transfer case. Again, I found a used T-Case on ebay.

Next up was the installation of a used Pro Comp 6” Stage 1 lift kit that I purchased from a member on this site, along with a used set of wheels and tires. They’re actually off of a Chevy 1500 pickup, got a great deal on them from the local paper.

The only thing that remained to do was having a custom driveshaft fabricated and have one of my buddies paint it for me. Again, being that my goal was a ‘factory’ appearing truck, I chose Nissan’s “Red Brawn” paint as the color.

Finally, it was time for its first shakedown, and to my surprise, everything worked flawlessly. What a difference driving such a short truck. Definitely won’t be hard parking this truck.

All in all, I’m pretty happy with the way this thing turned out. I’d like to thank Greg at PRG Products for answering some of my technical questions. I’d also better not forget the fine folks at N-Fab for hooking me up with this custom set of Nerf Steps, along with the guys at Auto Ventshade for the one-off Vent Visors.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245/54warrior/Truck/RegCabShortbedTitan.jpg

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!

hahaha

ronrdrcr
04-01-2008, 06:37 AM
I was going to say, except for the grass underneath it that is one damn good photoshop.

Ron

spanky101
04-01-2008, 02:07 PM
haha nice april fools joke. The photoshop was pretty good too man!