PDA

View Full Version : yz kill buttor for start button questions

markvette
03-31-2008, 11:38 PM
getting ready to strip down the 300 my son use to race and put everything in another frame i am powder coating. i want to clean up the handle bars so i want to get rid of the on/off start button and use a yz kill switch for a start button. i have heard conflicting stories on this set up. the quad has no key switch so that has been wired to the on position. now for the question. i take it to use the yz kill switch i would have the wire the on/off switch so it is hot at all times and then the yz kill switch would be used to turn the starter motor over. i have heard if i do wire the on/off switch so it is basically in the on position that the stator will draw a small amount of current when the quad is not running and run the battery down. is this true and if so how do you guys that use the yz switch wire it up.

SET THE STAGE
04-01-2008, 06:14 AM
yeah, that's true. just find a switch and hide it away. or do like me: i have what i think is just the stock setup, minus the key thinger. they plug straight into each other and when i'm not using it, i just unplug'em.