PDA

View Full Version : 09 450r

anthonybazzilla
03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
has anybody heard anything about the 09 450r ...is honda gonna change it ....

reconranger
04-01-2008, 05:43 AM
Honda never lets the cat out of the bag early!

They will have to go with fuel injection eventually, but the 450 already has the best carb there is, so I'm not complaining in the mean time....

KD 450
04-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I hope they change some things

redrocker
04-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Honda is slow to change
now yamaha they are the guys
that like change

klutch
04-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by redrocker
Honda is slow to change
now yamaha they are the guys
that like change

LOL? I agree with the Honda part... but not so much the Yamahaha part...

Dave400ex
04-01-2008, 02:41 PM
If they don't change much it will be out over the summer. If they change alot it won't come out until their show in September. We could know in less then 4 months. I'm hoping for changes, but don't count on it.

desratt
04-01-2008, 06:09 PM
oh boy here we go again..

NJ450rider
04-02-2008, 03:56 AM
I wouldnt even waste me time worrying about it. I already found my new 450 the KTM 450mx is gonna put all the other 450s to shame. Just imagine a stock quad all done up to race right out of the box. no mods needed at all!!!!!(and i mean none!)

IMSROLL450R
04-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
I wouldnt even waste me time worrying about it. I already found my new 450 the KTM 450mx is gonna put all the other 450s to shame. Just imagine a stock quad all done up to race right out of the box. no mods needed at all!!!!!(and i mean none!)

For the price tag it damn sure better!!!!!

KTM...........:rolleyes:

I'll keep my Honda and put in the wrench time......

Johnson
04-02-2008, 09:14 AM
I hope they stay away from efi a few jets is alot cheaper then a $300 programer.

NJ450rider
04-02-2008, 03:49 PM
buying a ktm atv saves you 4 to 6 thousand dollars.

Im already at least 10 to 12 thousand into my 450r and i havent even bought a long travel rear shock yet.

10 grand for an already modded race quad is the wiser investment.

Oh yeah the ktm450 mx is gonna have 55 to 60 hp stock. And KTM claims itll outrun a 525xc. i cant even imagine something out drag racing a 525xc thats stock lol.

pro-rider46
04-02-2008, 04:05 PM
buying a ktm atv saves you 4 to 6 thousand dollars.

Im already at least 10 to 12 thousand into my 450r and i havent even bought a long travel rear shock yet.

10 grand for an already modded race quad is the wiser investment.

Oh yeah the ktm450 mx is gonna have 55 to 60 hp stock. And KTM claims itll outrun a 525xc. i cant even imagine something out drag racing a 525xc thats stock lol.

im not trying to come off as a complete @$$, but i have seen your quad and i doubt you have 12 grand into yours. like previously said, i would rather buy a honda and put in the wrench time for a better bike for the same price as a ktm

also they wont have 55-60 hp. guranteed.

04-02-2008, 04:24 PM
someone told me before after studying how Honda performs. They make the molds and such for the quad. 1st year they pay off the molds and maybe make some profit. The 2nd year they make strictly profit. Then they change the molds and pay those off 2nd year all profit. It was also said they they will just change the plastic or graphics to keep intrest before the release of their new product. Now Honda is due for a change in almost all of their models. The 2008 450r pretty much the same as it was before just new graphics and colors nothing major. Same with the 400ex all they changed was the plastic and graphics. I'm thinking Honda is doing what was said keep people waiting and then release the new thing. So guys hopefully this year we see it. 2009 450r more advanced other than graphics or plastic. 2009 400ex something better than new plastics. Maybe the 450r shocks could move its way down to the 400ex and the 450r get shocks that are even better.

NJ450rider
04-02-2008, 05:54 PM
LOL cute all i have left are a long travel rear shock, new plastic and a better seat and than ill have every mod you can buy. Theres nothing left for me to get aftermarket for my 450R.

Also i have two engines to keep going a whole season. Thats about 2000 a year in maintaining those two engines. So in reality im way over 12,000.

Also that is including the atv its self. Not just aftermarket and engine number 2.

I cant wait to get a KTM 450mx. Im ready for a real race machine.

KTM says there atvs and bikes are for experienced riders only and not begginers. Maybe thats why people on here dont like it?

rollie
04-02-2008, 06:53 PM
ive ridden my 450R Twice after this winters rebuild, i love the thing, but as soon as that KTM comes out the R is up for sale:cool:

anyway honda usually changes things up every 2 years so hopefully they will...but im not holding my breath

NJ450rider
04-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah me too once i can put money down and order a KTM 450mx the R will be history. I cant wait!

laeger2fiddyr
04-03-2008, 07:35 AM
KTM, race ready out of the box? yeah right! maybe for a beginner! ur gonna have to put better shocks, a-arms, swinger, wheels & tires and motor work in it to even to begin to make it race ready!

IMSROLL450R
04-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Oh yeah the ktm450 mx is gonna have 55 to 60 hp stock.

Theres no doubt the KTM is fast, they were leading the drag strip most of the time at little sahara, but if you believe that number you're crazy.

I'll keep my R, make those numbers, and know I have a reliable bike.

Also saying you dont have to buy anything to make it race ready is proposerous. Watch what the pros do to them when they get them. I will bet a years salary theres not a stock piece of suspension on them............

IMSROLL450R
04-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by laeger2fiddyr
KTM, race ready out of the box? yeah right! maybe for a beginner! ur gonna have to put better shocks, a-arms, swinger, wheels & tires and motor work in it to even to begin to make it race ready!

Yes the key words there is for a beginner. If you are going to race competitively in a pro class, you're still probably going to upgrade the suspension.

9 grand for a new bike, plus suspension?

I'll keep my Honda.

450ice
04-03-2008, 09:51 AM
They also said the suzuki is race ready??? I mean its a hell of a quad and is proving itself, but I dont see many serious riders (A class on Up) really running it stock.

IMSROLL450R
04-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 450ice
They also said the suzuki is race ready??? I mean its a hell of a quad and is proving itself, but I dont see many serious riders (A class on Up) really running it stock.

Exactly, I don't just believe everything advertised.....

don_carallo
04-03-2008, 10:10 AM
all companies when they are going to go out with a new quad quad say that their is really race-ready, it's this way since Bombardier released their DS 650 on 2000

Dave400ex
04-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Two things that would hold me back from getting a KTM. One working on it, the Honda 450 is what I want to work on and the easiest to work on, and second is parts. Getting factory KTM parts seems to take a while, something that is not good during race season. Honda parts are easy to come by.

If your needing two motors to keep a Honda going, either your doing something wrong, or your having the wrong person build your motors. You can get mid 50hp and have a reliable setup if it is done right.

pro-rider46
04-03-2008, 07:06 PM
LOL cute all i have left are a long travel rear shock, new plastic and a better seat and than ill have every mod you can buy. Theres nothing left for me to get aftermarket for my 450R.

Also i have two engines to keep going a whole season. Thats about 2000 a year in maintaining those two engines. So in reality im way over 12,000.

Also that is including the atv its self. Not just aftermarket and engine number 2.

I cant wait to get a KTM 450mx. Im ready for a real race machine.

KTM says there atvs and bikes are for experienced riders only and not begginers. Maybe thats why people on here dont like it?

again im not trying to become a complete @$$hole outta myself but when you buy a new ktm your going to need fuel, oil, filters, and just maintence stuff, but ktms dont come with spare engines either. idk why you added the maintence to the total price because when you sell a quad you dont tell the buyer he has to pay an extra 2000 because you maintained it religiously. and i dont have anything against the ktms, i would love to have one. P.S. there is not a limit to modifications, have you added nos, turbos, lsr frames, efi, lock outs, what im sayin ther isnt a limit.

04-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Well the ktm 450mx looks really nice but the thing is if you really want a good quad you are going to need to replace all of those parts anyways and the ohlins shocks probably need a rebuild right off the showroom floor becuase everyone knows all shocks that come factory suck all they are are pieces of crap with ohlins stickers. So the point is its the same deal with the honda or yamaha or kawasaki if you want to make it completely race ready every quad needs alot of work. I would like a ktm but they are a pain to get parts for like stated before. I think I will just stick to my honda.

IMSROLL450R
04-04-2008, 07:58 AM
None of them have replied.

I would be ashamed too for saying I would buy a KTM..........

As always...........RIDE RED.........

NJ450rider
04-04-2008, 05:52 PM
The KTM 450mx will have WP long travel shocks stock.

The KTM 450mx will be 50 inches wide stock

The KTM 450mx will have douglas beadlocks w/ maxxis razrmx tires stock.

The KTM 450mx will have propeg nerfs stock.

The KTM 450mx willl do i really need to keep going?

None of the other 450 machines come stock with the parts i just listed.

Oh yeah its going to have a dohc engine that out runs the 525xc in a drag race. The 525xc is what around 45 hp stock? How much more do you need to outrun a 525xc engine than? Hmm probabaly 50 to 55? yeah i thought so.

I guess no one looked at the photos of it yet?

I was a diehard honda fan but im tired of fixing my 450r. Its always broken. Do you people even ride yours? Maybe its because i ride it everyday or as much as i can thats why it breaks more. At least this time it isnt my fault and my fox shocks are on there way back to be warrantied.

I must admit though my 400ex has never let me down. Its a great machine. I would take it over any other 400 trail machine.

pro-rider46
04-04-2008, 05:56 PM
i ride daily, doesnt seem like it has too many problems.

04-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Well something is wrong with your specific one then if you need 2 motors and its breaking down that much. Anyway as i said above you will need to replace all the junk parts that come stock one it eventually. KTM doesnt put the best parts on it stock for a reason. Also you keep talking about this drag race but there is no proof that this is actually true it is just an opinion. When we see it happen you can say see I told you but I dont see anything yet.

NJ450rider
04-04-2008, 06:03 PM
The 450mx out drag racing a 525xc is straight from KTMs mouth. Its not an opinion its a written and proven fact by KTM.

Well when im not at the mx track im out at our natural mx track for hours on end non stop wide open or as fast as i can go. I dont just cruise around on it. I use it for what its for.

scuzz
04-10-2008, 03:56 PM
If Ihad an Internet car it would be an F430, if I had an Internet quad it would be a KTM 525.

Here's my buddy Nat on his:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/gwwaddle/Little%20Sahara/100_6579.jpg

He pretty much kicked all the 4-strokes collective butts 99% of the time:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j254/gwwaddle/Little%20Sahara/100_6582.jpg

IMSROLL450R
04-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Is that little sahara?

Also, 50-55...................hahahaha

sure thing...

scuzz
04-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Yep!

IMSROLL450R
04-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
Yep!

I've seen that drag strip a few times...

04-23-2008, 06:05 PM
This wait is killing me to see what honda comes out with for the 2009 450r. It has to be something good or else I see things going downhill but thats just in my opinion. I plan on turning my 04 back to almost stock this winter to fund for a brand new mx quad or bike so we will see what happens,

FHKracingZ
04-23-2008, 08:58 PM
NJ Rider your acting like an ignorant jerk. "Not for beginner riders, that why nobody on here will like it?" what kind of ignorant statement is that, you think your a hotshot, what king of national results do u have? you run Pro or Pro-am? Theres over 40,000 members on here but i forgot, your the best.

Heres the Truth.

The KTM 450 is gonna need atleast to have the shocks revalved. IF not replaced

The KTM 450 may be fast, but its been proven over and over again the honda CRF 450 motor makes the biggest horse out of all of the big bike motors. So all of the sudden the KTM motor is way faster than anything they put in a bike? get real
If it breaks over 45hp from the show room floor ill be suprised.

And if your having to have to motors to make it through a year you might wanna think about a new builder. My motor builder has a 60hp CRF dirtbike and it runs 2-3 times practice a week plus racing every weekend, he goes through one piston and a set of valves every year.

The KTM wont be all its hyped up to be, so dont get ure eggs in a basket quiet yet.

maddmatt02
04-23-2008, 10:52 PM
also, it does not take 55HP to out drag 45HP,

The 450 could weigh less

The 450 could have better suspension

The 450 could have gears that make better use of its power

The 450 could get better grip with better tires

the 450 could have a flatter torque curve

The 450 could... do i really need to keep going?

peak HP doesnt tell you anything, its just a bragging right. I could give a horrible quad 60HP and lose to one with 35 thats set up right. probably not top end, but off the line and for a ways.

do they say exactly how each one is set up? I am not trying to talk down on the KTM, I like it, but I wont spend that much on a bike, because I dont race, and if I did Id know id be replacing everything anyways so why not start with the least expensive, not the most.

reptikes
04-24-2008, 12:33 AM
The 450mx out drag racing a 525xc is straight from KTMs mouth. Its not an opinion its a written and proven fact by KTM.

Well when im not at the mx track im out at our natural mx track for hours on end non stop wide open or as fast as i can go. I dont just cruise around on it. I use it for what its for.

You should take a couple weeks off of posting, and reflect on what an IDIOT you sound like. Then in 3-4 weeks let us know what you found out about yourself so we can all get a laugh out of it.

04-24-2008, 05:12 AM
Yea really man if your honda was that bad I am sure you are doing something wrong or else would have it gone by now. I like your quad but there is no sense in bragging about it that much and maybe you should try like dasa or somewhere like that if you are too good for your motors and they cant keep up for you.

elementryder
04-24-2008, 05:29 AM
Honda needs to come out with a mx version and a regualar/xc version...pelase keep the carb some of the very best suzuki riders in the nation are on carberated suzkis

coryatver
04-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by elementryder
Honda needs to come out with a mx version and a regualar/xc version...pelase keep the carb some of the very best suzuki riders in the nation are on carberated suzkis

who?

TheNewn
04-24-2008, 08:40 AM
yeah i'd like to know as well :rolleyes:

Simon MX49
04-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Yah, explain the carburated Suzuki to me?

As for the KTM, its going to be the best thing to come off the show room floor, but guaranteed it will need at minimum revalved and new springs on the shocks, exhaust and axle. By the time you replace all 3 shocks youre up 2 or 3 grand, axle is about 350, exhaust will prolly push 700, thats an extra 4 grand, not including graphics and all that other stuff you know everyone will want.

I'll stick with a proven machine. I'll buy an old pro race bike before I buy a new quad, it'll be a cold day in hell before I buy another brand new quad

450ice
04-24-2008, 02:52 PM
like to hear about zuk also

gcart2
04-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by TheNewn
yeah i'd like to know as well :rolleyes:

there are a couple guys in the ssqsa (pro-am) that have carbs on the ltr.

scuzz
04-24-2008, 03:04 PM
All of my imaginary friends do too.

They only ride in Febunever though.:chinese:

gcart2
04-24-2008, 03:38 PM
All of my imaginary friends do too.

They only ride in Febunever though.:chinese:

lol?

scuzz
04-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
lol?

It's been a loooooooong day at work.

gcart2
04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
It's been a loooooooong day at work.

im sorry but please dont try to make me look stupid.:chinese:

NJ450rider
04-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Why have a carb on a ltr when yoshimura has a tunning system with an 02 sensor in a headpipe. You cant get it anymore perfect than that. Theres no better setup than EFI. No matter how much in denial you are.

IMSROLL450R
04-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Why have a carb on a ltr when yoshimura has a tunning system with an 02 sensor in a headpipe. You cant get it anymore perfect than that. Theres no better setup than EFI. No matter how much in denial you are.

wow, I hope no one really young and impressionable reads your posts...................

motoguy450r
04-25-2008, 10:48 AM
there may not be a better set up than efi, but there is a better carb-fcr. lots of guys are putting carbs on there ltr's. a 41mm fcr is showing a 1 to 1 1/2 gain on dyno, efi may not be giving them enough fuel, idk. pretty sure that efi to carb started in florida and everyone i have talked to has said it made a big differance on there ltr. who is building your motors? sounds like they need a lesson in engine building 101 to me. 2 motors a yr is alot. not doubting ktm because they are proven on the track, but they are also proven for taken weeks to get parts, if they even have them. i wish you luck on your ktm, hopefully you will like it better. then you can go under the ktm forums and quit bashing everyone who likes a honda.

04-25-2008, 01:39 PM
I just noticed that this thread was called 09 450r and it is ment for what everyone wants in that quad pretty much hopes and dreams and its not anything about a pos KTM so gtfo.

IMSROLL450R
04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by RoadRidin450r
I just noticed that this thread was called 09 450r and it is ment for what everyone wants in that quad pretty much hopes and dreams and its not anything about a pos KTM so gtfo.

haha thats awesome. Ive never seen anyone that actually rides a 450r flame one like that........

Id say GO to the GayTM forum too.

kodymx13
04-25-2008, 04:16 PM
i have a friend that works for honda. hes in on the "09 450r" as you guys say. he has even riddin one. their really nice. he says yall will love it. best 450r ever

TheNewn
04-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Sure you do :) I'm internet cool as well.

04-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Sure you do :) I'm internet cool as well.

me to i lov to say i know people when i dont!:rolleyes:

lol he would have said more if he really new a guy not just youll like it

maddmatt02
04-25-2008, 07:24 PM
not trying to say the guy is for treal, cuz i dont quite believe it either, but couldnt the guy have been told by honda to leak nothing, and if everyone found something out, and somehow it got traced back to this guy telling someone, could he get screwed out of a job or anything? maybe he could just say "youll like it" so he cant get in trouble???

although if it came from someone that had been on here alot longer and had everyones trust already it would hold alot more ground

450raider
04-25-2008, 09:54 PM
well being a diehard honda fan at one time, as it is now i dont really care what honda does but there may be a shred of chance of me hoping back on if they did the following in 09

* mx & xc models, but dont make em different by making the xc weak on top or mx weak on bottom, that would be a middle finger to both crowds.
* to follow up on that, put carb on mx and efi on xc and make em interchangable.
* same goes with estart, and wide aarms.
* price em around $6500 (this will be a hot one).
* same plastic (but change those gas tanks back to black!).
* alum. subframe (nothin wrong with frame now, just save a little weight).
* lastly impove customer service (love the machines, hate the pi** poor ran company).

to be clear this is simply what i would like to see in 09, if honda did most if this (although im not even expecting half) i would consider geting back on board, if not i got no problem at all staying where im at.

TheNewn
04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Price them at 6500? They'll see you in hell I'm sure.

NJ450rider
04-26-2008, 05:05 AM
6500 is a stretch. But thats how much i paid for my 05 450r brand new in 05. It costs a dealer i think 6000 or 6200 to get them. So i dont think there gonna want to make a profit of only a couple hundred on each one.

04-26-2008, 05:38 AM
ahh I sure hope it changes because either way I am buying a new 450 this winter and it may not be a honda. Looks like a trip to the suzuki dealer a few miles down the road.

PeanutButta
04-26-2008, 08:22 AM
KTM Junk. would never buy one

450raider
04-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Price them at 6500? They'll see you in hell I'm sure.

okay....now back to topic, why not? seriously, why couldnt honda offer an updated $6500 machine, would it cost them more to make it? are they afraid the others will out price em? is it because the ex is a rediculous 6k, and higher ups at honda have their finger too far up the car and bike worlds a** to care about the quad people (the last couple would be my pick)

maddmatt02
04-26-2008, 08:59 AM
even if they didnt make any money, I thought they were just like a car dealer, they make all there money on used sales, parts and accessories...

still I doubt as everyone else increases their prices, honda will lower theirs.

TheNewn
04-26-2008, 03:04 PM
The aluminum frame (or sub frame)? the EFI? Any other improvements you make on it, of course thats going to cost more.

They're not going to sell a BETTER machine for a lower price, because they dont have to.

450raider
04-26-2008, 03:14 PM
yeah your right they wont because they dont have to (whos to say theyll even have a better machine)...and the classic honda reputation continues, i hope people are tickled with their little flashy honda sticker since thatll be what alot of em will be buyin it for

maddmatt02
04-26-2008, 08:38 PM
I am still happy enough with honda, sure they might be a bit behind, and dont really invent the next cool thing, or keep on top of updating the machines, but they are still good machines. and the 450 is a decent price.

RATPACK Z400
04-27-2008, 10:11 AM
When it comes to changes hondas definetly the dumbest, slowest and cheapest Co. period ,they put efi on a lawnmover before they put it on there quads. But they make a good product, but spending money for improvements or upgrades is were they are the worst!

RATPACK Z400
04-27-2008, 10:11 AM
When it comes to changes hondas definetly the dumbest, slowest and cheapest Co. period ,they put efi on a lawnmover before they put it on there quads. But they make a good product, but spending money for improvements or upgrades is were they are the worst!

04-27-2008, 10:49 AM
If you guys think about it thought honda probably wont change much this year because a lot of people are still buying and winning on hondas. So they figure why change. When they start to get smoked and no one buys them then something drastic will happen. One thing is thought that I didn't take into consideration is if people are sick of waiting and get another brand and then honda comes out with something new no one will afford it because they all ready got a new other brand. Idk I am planning on getting a ltr because i am sick of waiting and something really good has to come out to change my mind.

liledg
04-27-2008, 10:58 AM
JUST TO LET U GUYS KNOW HONDA CAN KEEP THE SAME MOTOR AND FUEL INJECT IT, AND THERE YOU HAVE IT 2009 TRX450R. AND ALSO WHY WOULD HONDA SPEND MONEY ON BETTER SHOCKS BETTER A ARMS AND MAKE THE PRICE GO UP 4 THE BUYER. I LIKE PAYING $6500 AND IF I RELLY WANT TO HIT THE TRACK I GET THE BEST AFTER MARKET STUFF. HONDA ALL I NEED IS LIGHT ALUMINUM FRAM AND FUEL INJECT THE MOTOR KEEP THE PRICE DOWN KEEP THE SAME SHORT A ARMS, SAME SHOCKS.

maddmatt02
04-27-2008, 11:10 AM
I dont want one, but I like suzukis business deal about the best, I mean, the LTR about just came out if you think about it, and the next year they got over 100 small little changes to it.

with their bikes too, it just seems to me they spend the most time/money on trying to keep their machines on top.

i could be wrong, but thats how it seems to me. I mean sure they dont always win everything, but they do get the most updates on their machines.

liledg
04-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by liledg
JUST TO LET U GUYS KNOW HONDA CAN KEEP THE SAME MOTOR AND FUEL INJECT IT, AND THERE YOU HAVE IT 2009 TRX450R. AND ALSO WHY WOULD HONDA SPEND MONEY ON BETTER SHOCKS BETTER A ARMS AND MAKE THE PRICE GO UP 4 THE BUYER. I LIKE PAYING $6500 AND IF I RELLY WANT TO HIT THE TRACK I GET THE BEST AFTER MARKET STUFF. HONDA ALL I NEED IS LIGHT ALUMINUM FRAME AND FUEL INJECT THE MOTOR KEEP THE PRICE DOWN KEEP THE SAME SHORT A ARMS, SAME SHOCKS.

liledg
04-27-2008, 11:20 AM
ALSO GUYS I GOT MY BIKE DYNOED AT DASA AND I HAVENT HAD TO RE JET WHEN I GO TO THE DIRT. BIKE RUNS THE SAME IN L.A. AND AT EL MIRAJE