PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard of a "Vortex core"?

tri5ron
03-31-2008, 08:52 PM
last week I was asking about the decible levels, and differences between a Race core vs. Quiet core.
My Exhaust is a Big gun race series. I had called them and had decided I was going to go with the Quiet core.

Today I went to their website to order it, and noticed they now have something called a "Vortex"core. (I am assuming it is similar to a Quiet core, with maybe the little baffles at a angle?)

it was too late to call them to ask, and of course, the part of their website that lists the "vortex" core is apparently down right now.

So, has anyone here heard of this "Vortex" core?
am I assuming right on the angled baffles? or is it something else???

04-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Maybe something like this?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i229/restinbeat/QUADZ/6fef_11.jpg

Koos47
04-01-2008, 08:36 AM
I just recently bought one for my Big Gun. It quiets it down pretty good. It's supposed to be at 94 dB with that and the spark arrestor screen. I don't know about the power decrease, because I have not ridden it with the core out. I took the Big Gun off when I got my 400 because it was too loud, but decided to put it back on w/ the quite core installed. I bought mine from Rocky Mountain ATV for $43...so I would look there first. The pictures are also deceiving. They look like the core is slash cut, but it is flat. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.