PDA

View Full Version : anyone know what might be wrong?

brokeazz250r
03-31-2008, 08:15 PM
hey guys, i went to ride my 250r last thursday and it rode great, that saterday i went to ride it and i tore out down the rode and it spit and sputered once it ws in power band just kinda barly truckin, i figured it just had to blow some oil out still so i turned back around and tore out down the rode and it did the same thing second gear would hit powerband and be haulin *** then when i shift to third it would be spitin and spudering and the higher i shifted the worst it got in every gear. i know my gas is mixed right and we checked the plug the plug wasnt wet or black or anything it was just slightly charcoled/ black. i asked my michanic what he thought it was cause it is a very fresh motor and he said it sounded liek it was blowed up, he said the spark plug is supose to be tann and if it was charcole it wasnt a good sighn. i also herd maby reed vaulves but they are brand new reed's. dose anyone know what might be the problum? thanks

GOTFEAR
03-31-2008, 10:39 PM
check around your base gaskets to see if you have some misty oile if so you have a bad base gasket