PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys do to get more storage on your sport quads?

IQRaceworks
03-31-2008, 07:51 PM
I've got a Z400, and it has NO room for any kind of storage on it at all. Is there some kind of bag or pouch I can strap to the rear grab handle? I'm just looking for someplace to putt some tools, and maybe some food/snacks. Any ideas?

trx400EXtreme
03-31-2008, 08:05 PM
you can buy a 6-pack rack and get a storage bag for it.

trx400EXtreme
03-31-2008, 08:06 PM
like this......

IQRaceworks
03-31-2008, 08:08 PM
The 03' Z400's don't have a removable rear grab bar. Are you sure those 6-pack racks will fit an 03'??

trx400EXtreme
03-31-2008, 08:18 PM
the 400ex's are the same way, but there are still some with them. they make 6 pack racks that you bolt directly to the subframe. you just drill a couple holes and it bolts up.

klutch
04-01-2008, 12:01 AM
My friend has storage on his 03 Z400 no clue how but he does... not for anything big. But he keeps like a water bottle, and his phone, and a camera in or around the air box area... kinda crazy. lol

Knoxy
04-01-2008, 09:48 AM
if you don't really care about looks you could do what i do when i go on long trail rides!
take a 2 X 4 piece of wood and measure it to fit 2 inches wider on each side of your grab bar.

go down to a local distributor like greggs... or what ever you have in the USA for general supplier, and get some U bolts that you would normally use for a car exhaust.

then buy a desirable tool box... anything will work. just something that will fit your desired type of riding. if you get in alot of water all the time you might want to pick up some weather stripping and some silicone too! lol

any ways. drill enough holes in the wood and the tool box for the u bolts. (i used 4 u bolts so 8 holes in total. and mount them accordingly! try and space it out as much as possible on the wood so that the strength of the box is increased, as it will be doing alot of bouncing around! make sure that the u part of the bolt goes around the grab bar not the flat mounting flange as it will have to bend around it and lose some strength.

after it is mounted you should have a little bit of bolt left on top of the nuts. get a grinder and cut them down as low as possible to maximize space and protect the stuff you have in there. if you want to keep it so you can remove this thing from time to time don't silicone the bolts. only do it when you go for long rides and intend on having it for a while. the silicon creates a decently strong barrier around the box and makes it a little more water proof. plan ahead and silicone it a few days before a big ride, just so you don't have that smell in there. especially if you plan to put some sandwiches in there or something! lol

it pretty straight forward and a good way to keep things on hand like tools, survival stuff, fire starters, extra oil.... and most of all... BEER! Lol

a little bit of foam at the bottom and top of the tool box helps keep everything stationary and from banging around!

i will take some pictures tonight of mine and post them up here tommrow!
good luck!

if you have any questions please let me know!

klutch
04-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Instead of a tool box you can always use a nice Barbie Lunch Box :D . Or something else of your like ofcourse. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Knoxy
04-01-2008, 04:26 PM
whats that supposed to mean?

ohsobad_chevy
04-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by klutch
Instead of a tool box you can always use a nice Barbie Lunch Box :D . Or something else of your like ofcourse. :devil: :devil: :devil:

lmao.....that is cold!!! :eek:

klutch
04-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Doesn't mean anything was just a joke. Wasn't even truly directed at you...

bryishre
04-01-2008, 10:08 PM
or you can use a back pack or get a friend that has a ute then make him carry it i mean ask him nicely if he would carry it for you

Iliketogofast
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I use a Camelbak and it has storage space inside. I only carry a couple spark plugs and a wrench with me.