PDA

View Full Version : 250R guys need your help

beak7707
03-31-2008, 06:24 PM
I just bought a Roll Design Xc no link quad. Talked to duncan because it has a pc2000 cylinder, and told them what all it was running. Well it had a reed spacer on it and they told me to absolutley not run with reed spacer. Which I'm sure the pervious owner ran it that way, but whatever. So I took the spacer out and now of course the carb keeps popping off the intake. So I was reading on here with no link setup you couldn't run stock airbox setup but thats what it has. however all other lobo XC quads I've seen ran stock air box. But I am guessing the spacer was there just to stop this problem. It has a boyesen rad valve in it and I read some of them are shorter than the stock intake. So it is going in place of duncans pryamid, which uses stock intake. Oh yeah the carb is a duncan keihin 36mm PJ. Went riding yesterday for the first time and had to unmount the airbox and zip tie it towards the carb so it would stop pulling off. I know I can fix the problem by putting the reed spacer back in but really dont want too. Any help would be great.
thanks

beak7707
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
I see some people on here are using a ltr500 air boot, but it is on LSR frames. They say they had to move the box way back to make room for the shock. My shock has no clearance problems and I only need like 3/16 of an inch. I can get it on the inake it just pops off when riding hard. i think the ltr500 would be way too long on the roll frame.

pimpt250r
04-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Im not 100% on this but I know you shouldn't run the spacer between the cage and the motor on the pv cylinders because of there design of disapaiting the heat away --they also say not to run a billet exhaust flange

and yes you need the lt500 airboot

beak7707
04-02-2008, 05:41 PM
I know but Duncan is the only company that claims this. All ESR cylinders I have seen with aluminum flanges and reed spacers. I've seen LRD pv with flanges also.

track 2 trail
04-05-2008, 11:43 AM
the pc 2000 is not the same cyl. as the others,they are all made by la sleeve.duncan produced their own.so could be dif. in manufacture

beak7707
04-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Duncan told me he does not approve using reed spacers on any motor. Said they cost 2 bucks to make sell them for 20-30, nothing but a money making deal. I dont know though seem to be alot of people on here who like them. I know they are no big improvement but I dont see how they could hurt. I'm working on a new setup where I wont have to run it, just waiting on some parts.