PDA

View Full Version : Well First Practice...

atvmaster0927
03-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Well this saturday is the first practice at Walden MX of the seaon...I've never been to a track before...So what can i expect? ANY tips? Are there any last things i should get/do to my quad before it? What should i do right before the practice ect.?
Thanks, all responses will be greatly apprietciated!

97WarriorRider
03-31-2008, 06:38 PM
well from the looks of your signature your still running stock shocks..if your really gunna get into racing you might want to upgrade. But you have adust your rear shock pretty good. Make sure you go over your quad really good. Make sure EVERY bolt is tight. Check your bearings. Make sure your tires are good..

greenblood01
03-31-2008, 06:40 PM
My best advice is to be careful, and don't try any jumps untill you're confident you'll make it. If you ride hard at all, be prepared to be sore for the next day or two. :D

trx400EXtreme
03-31-2008, 06:48 PM
don't try to keep up with people that you know are faster than you. just kinda do your own thing.

XXXRACER165
03-31-2008, 06:53 PM
The action of the race really wears you out the first time you race. So just do some deap breathing, trust me it helps.

hungus07trx400
03-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Im going too, i just hope my Hood comes in before then so I don't have to bother taping my lights up. I've been to tracks a few times before, Im just not looking forward to how crowded it will be.

atvmaster0927
03-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the replys. i will inspect everythimg before the race...i just took off my steering stableizer about an hour ago, should i put it back on?

Yes, walden will be very crowded on saterday, me and a bunch of my friends are going too, many are on this forum as well, one of them is 400exrapes and another is 450r#72.

BTW, should i race cut my fenders?

Ruby Soho
04-01-2008, 05:54 AM
ill be there at walden

all you need to ride there is a tether kill and nerfs. its a fun track. most of the jumps are easy to hit, some big ones just don't go over your limit.

don't worry about shocks for practice either. i ran stock shocks there many times and they're fine on anything besides the 2 largest jumps.. i know that from experience hah

as for the fenders, i would say you can leave them if you like fenders or cut them if you don't like them.. i ran full fenders last season at their practices and the only time it hurt me was when it was the muddiest :o to much mud on the fenders broke just about every mount

bry14661
04-01-2008, 11:02 AM
dont be scared to hit the jumps. just follow someone who is and match there speed and line and youll be airin it out

quad9
04-01-2008, 12:45 PM
not only make sure the quad is in shape, but make sure you are also. make sure you eat good. dont pig out, but eat healthy!!

atvmaster0927
04-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks again everyone.

Well i guess i see you there Ruby Soho, lol...ill be there

By the way, i do eat pretty healthy...imma try and eat a lot of potassiom for arm pump too.

Should i keep my steering stableilizer on?

BlasterEaten250
04-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah I would keep it on if I were you. good luck

kawiefan
04-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by bry14661
dont be scared to hit the jumps. just follow someone who is and match there speed and line and youll be airin it out
Do not listen to him

jesseweaver
04-01-2008, 07:40 PM
lol remember to get out of the faster guys way. the first time i was at a track i didnt hear a bike behind me and i roosted him pretty bad and he was really pissed lol.

just dont ride above your skill level, go at your own pace and you should be fine. and no dont listen to bry14661, hit the jumps if you feel you can make it and you are comfortable in the air. if you decide you are going to hit a new jump, watch some other guys do it first, and try to see what gear their in and stuff. and don't be nervous like i was the first time, you'll be fine.

400exrapes
04-01-2008, 07:45 PM
yeah i'll be with atvmaster, but im not gonna lie i'm practically always tellin him to go faster off the jumps but dont listen to me haha i've had some bad lands too as you know. But i read all the advice it'll be my first time there too, just watch out for my roost atvmaster

project400ex19
04-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I have found staying hydrated is top priority for myself, my best tip for riding on the track the first time is take a few laps and learn the track. what jump is where, where it is best to hit it, how fast you might have to hit it, then progressively hit the jumps faster and faster, until you feel comfortable going for them completely, starting on a table top is easier than on a gap. check your nuts and bolts as mentioned before they will loosen.